• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

Perhaps being from a religious family he didn’t want the Saudi blood money. Just been reading Newcastle fans forums, it is comedy gold
Definitely this. You can’t often accuse a footballer of having principles but I believe MG may just be the exception that proves the rule. Sandcastle also don’t offer much more than Palace in footballing terms. If Liverpool come knocking in January or next summer it will be a very different story I think.

I have my doubts about whether he ever was interested in moving to Tyneside. I wonder whether the reason we never said he wasn't for sale was because he might have been interested if Liverpool or some other top club should express a serious interest at the price we wanted.
These were exactly my thoughts.

I'm pleased he wants to stay, I'm pleased we have a highly rated England player on our books, also, if true about his principles, that's impressive..

Would I have preferred Anderson staying and pocketing 70 mil?? Ask me in May.

Paul Merson summed it up, saying basically guehi had acted professionally and never let it get to his head.
He didn’t change in anyway and just went on with playing football.
Now if it had been Arsenal might have been a different matter 😂😂

Poor old BBC. The final item on last night's 10 o'clock news was that..........erm, Raheem Sterling was moving to Arsenal. "Here's our football reporter with the details." Cue to a man standing with a mike at the entrance to.............Selhurst Park! At the end of his little report on Sterling (which predictably added nothing to what we had already heard from the news reader) he mentioned that Guehi wasn't leaving.

Definitely this. You can’t often accuse a footballer of having principles but I believe MG may just be the exception that proves the rule. Sandcastle also don’t offer much more than Palace in footballing terms. If Liverpool come knocking in January or next summer it will be a very different story I think.
Yeah I agree. He is obviously a nice guy, but he's in a good place at the min. Top 10 team, 1st choice England CB.

The next move is a big move for him, better to hold out another 6 months or till next summer to get the move he wants

Perhaps being from a religious family he didn’t want the Saudi blood money. Just been reading Newcastle fans forums, it is comedy gold
If you have been reading the Newcastle Forums you would KNOW Newcastle fans aren't upset at Guehi. The majority of fans think the price Parish was asking for was madness. He played three good games against absolute duffers. If you think he's worth more than £45 m then you're absolutely delusional. Even Palace insiders were saying Parish had to be careful, because if you continue to fall down the league - probably and Guehi hardly adding to his price - then you'll get no more that £30m next year for him.

By the way if you tHink Guehi is staying because he loves Palace, sniggers, then your crazy. Money money money is what it's all about, even for a " nice " man like Guehi

Newcastle fans are fuming because we should have walked away, three weeks ago. Apparently there were three other targets. Go on read the boards again, its all there. We have £120m burning a hole in our pocket and haven't brought anybody. Eels the Managing Director didn't release the purse and rumours flying around Tyneside PIF are fuming and he will be sacked start of next week. Our time will come because the FA know they can't stop teams like Newcastle spending. Just a matter of waiting, our owners are only worth £634 Billion, and they don't do second best.

Good luck with Geuhi, he's a nice man right....sniggers

If you have been reading the Newcastle Forums you would KNOW Newcastle fans aren't upset at Guehi. The majority of fans think the price Parish was asking for was madness. He played three good games against absolute duffers. If you think he's worth more than £45 m then you're absolutely delusional. Even Palace insiders were saying Parish had to be careful, because if you continue to fall down the league - probably and Guehi hardly adding to his price - then you'll get no more that £30m next year for him.

By the way if you tHink Guehi is staying because he loves Palace, sniggers, then your crazy. Money money money is what it's all about, even for a " nice " man like Guehi

Newcastle fans are fuming because we should have walked away, three weeks ago. Apparently there were three other targets. Go on read the boards again, its all there. We have £120m burning a hole in our pocket and haven't brought anybody. Eels the Managing Director didn't release the purse and rumours flying around Tyneside PIF are fuming and he will be sacked start of next week. Our time will come because the FA know they can't stop teams like Newcastle spending. Just a matter of waiting, our owners are only worth £634 Billion, and they don't do second best.

There is only one thing more entertaining than a shitshow of a club and that’s a shitshow of a club with loads of money that they can’t spend because nobody wants to go there.

Do you think there is one Palace fan who is remotely interested in your valuation of Guehi? We have him, you don’t, now bore off.

No, they don't do second best. According to the final league placings they do 7th best. Still, feel free to come back with your low ball offers any time you fancy getting nipped in the knackers again.

Money, money, money - have you heard of self awareness? Or irony?
And no, they are not things that Keegan or Shearer contemplated.

Very odd behaviour by Newcastle fans. We did not want to sell Guehi and he did not agitate for a move to Newcastle. Your fans seemed put out that we asked for a high price, you are correct in saying that the club embarrassed itself by making low ball offers.

All clubs do that in the hope that the selling club is desperate but once it was obvious that Palace did not want to sell it was put up or shut and Newcastle did neither.

My own guess is that Guehi wants a move to a top 6 club so wasn't bothered. If Liverpool come in for him and he wants to move it will be harder for us to hang onto him and we may have to sell him for a lower price than Newcastle have offered.

I've seen plenty of comments on Newcastle fans site about Palace being a little club, well so what. It doesn't get away from the simple point that one club wanted to buy a player and the other didn't want to sell him.

Good luck with your season I would not be surprised if Howe moves on, voluntary or not. Your fans have high expectations and i am not sure he is the man to deliver.

Nobody can stop Newcastle, we all know deep inside, but won’t admit. PS: Loved your town when I was there, really!

Oh the smile on my face reading that crying epilogue! 😂

Clear off, take your blood money with you and go whinge to someone who might just give a toss.

The ignore option couldn't have arrived at a better time

That Newcastle fan, so bitter, they’re not as big as they think they are, they’ve won the same as us the last 50 odd years, f*** all. Marc ending up staying with us is a reality check for them I think, all Marc would’ve done is move north and still win nothing.

Back