• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

Glasner has just confirmed that Guehi is staying! 🙂
What does Glasner know?!

Willow told us four days ago that a bloke he spoke to said Guehi was leaving in this window so I’d say hold off the celebrations until 11pm.

All those on here and on click bait and talkshite. All we have heard is he is going, its a done deal etc etc.

The man is happy here at the moment. There has clearly been been a deal done behind the scenes that we are not aware of yet. He would have been mental to go to Sandcastle at this stage of his career. As soon as he was made club captain he was staying. Anderson going now makes a lot more sense as OG clearly wants the new man coming in ML. So something had to give and as much as I loved Andersen and really rate him (and thought it was a crazy thing for Parish to have done) all has become much clearer. Who do you want, a 23 year old England international who is a rolls Royce of a player or Anderson who if we are lucky we would get another 2 seasons out of at best before his pace completely went.

Not changing my tune, I would have loved to see them both together along with Olise for just one more year but if one of them had to go out of the 2 centre backs then I'm glad we have kept MG.

I think the indifference people were showing (me included during the summer) was that he is that good we all just knew he would be gone after the summer.

Congratulations Mr Parish, the board and Dougie. Great bit of news keeping him.

Same here . I thought in making him captain the club were saying they were not budging on their valuation and from Newcastles end they were reluctant to pay it so I was becoming more sure as the days went by he would be staying .
And by the sounds of it Guehi is more than happy to stay at Palace which is also a great indication of a happy club behind the scenes .

COYP!

All aligned with my thoughts.

Purely existent in my own mind, but I've a feeling he didn't fancy Newcastle too much. Just sayin'.

I'll also add that perhaps the club knew and the news was delayed for announcement today along with everything else. No, that's probably too much pessimism in light of the announcement Guehi is staying and presumably some signings too... even for me 🤣

Newcastle are putting a story around that they finally bid the required amount for Guehi this week, but Palace said it was too late in the window.

I can only assume this story is to placate their disgruntled supporters.

In contrast, at his press conference Glasner said he knew that Guehi would be staying for ‘some time’ and seemed fairly relaxed about the stories.

It may seem mean spirited , but I’m delighted that it doesn’t look like Newcastle will be getting their way.
I’ve never cared for Howe as a manager, but beyond that I can’t abide their sense of entitlement which has come along with their funding by a dodgy state.

I would be delighted if we finished above them in the table.
They would no doubt try for Glasner in this event.

Jamie Redknapp on sky bollocks saying that...

"Mark Guehi needs to just knuckle down, keep his head down and crack on and his dream move will happen next time".

This prat is talking even more nonsense than normal with his shining head. He is making out that Palace stopped him getting his dream move and its unfair for him because Andersen going stopped any move.

What an utter load of bollocks. MG has never wanted to move to Sandcastle. He is a level headed fella and looked at his options and decided to stay a Palace. He may not be here for years but right now he is happy with Palace. If he wasn't then he would have gone at £65 million. No way Parish and board don't take that with only 2 years left on his contract unless MG has agreed something.

It really gets on my wick when these news outlets make it out to be more than it is. Newcastle never offered enough on and off the field for MG to want to go. It is that simple.

If we'd accepted their offer and they offered him an attractive deal in terms of money he may well have taken it. The same way Andersen got a good deal from Fulham. Newcastle fans and the media are deluding themselves if they think someone of Guehi's calibre sees Newcastle as a dream move though. A team with no trophies in 70 years, no European football, and no significant transfers. What a dream! 🤣

Respect to Geuhi for not throwing his toys out the pram and trying to force a move. We desperately need him this season in my opinion.
Why should he? He’s never actually said he wants to leave. Maybe to a top 4 club but not to Newcastle.

Respect to Geuhi for not throwing his toys out the pram and trying to force a move. We desperately need him this season in my opinion.
Perhaps being from a religious family he didn’t want the Saudi blood money. Just been reading Newcastle fans forums, it is comedy gold

Jamie Redknapp on sky bollocks saying that...

"Mark Guehi needs to just knuckle down, keep his head down and crack on and his dream move will happen next time".

This prat is talking even more nonsense than normal with his shining head. He is making out that Palace stopped him getting his dream move and its unfair for him because Andersen going stopped any move.

What an utter load of bollocks. MG has never wanted to move to Sandcastle. He is a level headed fella and looked at his options and decided to stay a Palace. He may not be here for years but right now he is happy with Palace. If he wasn't then he would have gone at £65 million. No way Parish and board don't take that with only 2 years left on his contract unless MG has agreed something.

It really gets on my wick when these news outlets make it out to be more than it is. Newcastle never offered enough on and off the field for MG to want to go. It is that simple.
The media can’t hack it that, a small club like Palace, haven’t bowed down to one of their darling clubs. They really are showing their true colours

Why should he? He’s never actually said he wants to leave. Maybe to a top 4 club but not to Newcastle.
I have my doubts about whether he ever was interested in moving to Tyneside. I wonder whether the reason we never said he wasn't for sale was because he might have been interested if Liverpool or some other top club should express a serious interest at the price we wanted.

seemingly a big part of Players decisions, on which club, come from the Glamour wives. Shopping Arcades and all that. Louis Vuitton bags and fancy Afternoon Tea.

i suspect Newcastle may be just a tad too industrial. Plus the reek of fish from the docks of North Shields. Not very glamorous.

Newcastle are putting a story around that they finally bid the required amount for Guehi this week, but Palace said it was too late in the window.

I can only assume this story is to placate their disgruntled supporters.

In contrast, at his press conference Glasner said he knew that Guehi would be staying for ‘some time’ and seemed fairly relaxed about the stories.

It may seem mean spirited , but I’m delighted that it doesn’t look like Newcastle will be getting their way.
I’ve never cared for Howe as a manager, but beyond that I can’t abide their sense of entitlement which has come along with their funding by a dodgy state.

I would be delighted if we finished above them in the table.
They would no doubt try for Glasner in this event.

Newcastle can shove their fishy on a little dishy up their stripy arses. 😎

Back