• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

I know football is about opinions, but I'm amazed quite a few fans would be content to Guehi go, and see him as a player who wouldn't be missed on the strength of a few games at the end of last season when he was injured.

I prefer to consider his performances over the past few seasons when you can count his poor performances on one hand.
He's not the most dominant in the air, but we have hardly conceded a goal where he has been directly out jumped for a header.
There was one in the recent friendly when he didn't get off the ground, but that was rare.
He's a good footballer, strong and with an excellent temperament.
He's not an irreplaceable Olise, but he plays in a different position , and every side needs a solid foundation at the back.
He's one of the most consistent defenders in the Premier League and I really hope he stays.

Different question then, is he entitled to have his loans repaid if he is leaving the club? Not expecting you to know the answer but interested if you do.

I agree with you regards Guehi but feel he must be replaced (Lacroix) if he does go.
I can only imagine Textor's loans to the club were written up and contractually agreed by all board members when the funds were provided. Though Textor did say that loans provided by him to Palace were transfered into equity in the club meaning his initial 40% shareholding was increased to 45%.
So... My best guess is some money is due back to him from loans he gave the club but it sounds like most of it is now amalgamated with his shares.

It's been reported that he won't sign another contract at Palace
'at this time' That was the statement put out by his agent at the time I think. This stance has granted probably not changed however, once the window closes MG and his agent would be idiots to not at least listen to what Parish has to say.

I can only imagine Textor's loans to the club were written up and contractually agreed by all board members when the funds were provided. Though Textor did say that loans provided by him to Palace were transfered into equity in the club meaning his initial 40% shareholding was increased to 45%.
So... My best guess is some money is due back to him from loans he gave the club but it sounds like most of it is now amalgamated with his shares.
Thanks, that makes sense, so it could be that the majority may well be going back to him from whoever buys him out rather than just the return of loans direct from the club.

I’ll be honest and say the sooner he is gone the happier I’ll be. I’m convinced the toffees will be in meltdown within 12 months if he takes over there and has full control.

He will go tonight for 75m 100%, i can see Chalaboah coming in also, so Kamada, Sarr, Nketiah, Larcoix, Chalaboah, Travers in, and Olise, Andersen, Ayew, Johnstone, Edouard and Guehi out, surely not!
Newcastle are telling all sources close to them (inc SSN) that they have walked away.

People going far too early on this.

There is still a whole day and tonight left.
People walk away from deals all the time only to come back again.

I'd say that with Riad potentially out for a long period, it would at least appear that selling Guehi would be daft unless we quickly sign a quality replacement.
We haven't exactly got off to a good start as it is with more pain ahead this weekend coming.

I'd say it's now 75/25 in favour of him staying.

People going far too early on this.

There is still a whole day and tonight left.
People walk away from deals all the time only to come back again.

I'd say that with Riad potentially out for a long period, it would at least appear that selling Guehi would be daft unless we quickly sign a quality replacement.
We haven't exactly got off to a good start as it is with more pain ahead this weekend coming.

I'd say it's now 75/25 in favour of him staying.
He will go, turning down 65m will give Parish sleepless nights, especially if he picks up another injury 😱

He will go, turning down 65m will give Parish sleepless nights, especially if he picks up another injury 😱
Parish missed the opportunity for mega bucks with Wilf. You are right, it must already be giving him sleepless nights, understandably.
Where he has gone astray is, he should have taken £55m with £5m add ons three weeks ago. That would have given us ample time to secure adequate cover and more.
As comparisons.....we secured £5m more than anyone expected on Ayew. Plus, no one knows exactly what we secured on Olise but rumours drifted around £45m-£55m. And was Andersen £27m or £30m.
As it is, it is all now last minute, just like always.
But who am I to say. All of this is based on little more than clickbait bull.
Overall, Parish is doing a great job for us fans.
We will know soon enough! 🤔

He will still fetch a good price next season.

He will go tonight for 75m 100%, i can see Chalaboah coming in also, so Kamada, Sarr, Nketiah, Larcoix, Chalaboah, Travers in, and Olise, Andersen, Ayew, Johnstone, Edouard and Guehi out, surely not!
If he does go, could you please pick my lotto numbers this week please.

The Deal.

Newcastle DOF:
Good afternoon. We would very much like to purchase your outstanding England centre back Mark Guehi.

Parish:
No problem. He is fantastic isn’t he, that will be £70 big ones please. Up front.

Newcastle:
Oh ok. Well how about £45 mill and a tickle from a fat bird I know.

Parish:
I’m all good thanks, I’m set with the lovely Ms Reid, Just the £70 mill please.

Newcastle:
How about £50 mill and some sports direct vouchers?

Parish:
£70 mill please.

Newcastle:
Look, we are going places. Don’t hold us and the player back. £65 mill and a signed shirt by Alan Sherear. Come on that’s a deal.

Parish:
£70 mill please.

Newcastle:
You f*cking southern shandy drinking bastards… well show you. You’ll see, just you wait…. We are looking elsewhere. Just you wait you’ll be sorry.

Parish: 😎

Newcastle: hello Mr Parish. Can we please have Mark. It’s the last day and we need him. Here is £70 million.

Parish:
£75 million please.

Newcastle: Aaarrraagghhhh… you absolute bast…. 🤬🤬😤😭😭😭

The Deal.

Newcastle DOF:
Good afternoon. We would very much like to purchase your outstanding England centre back Mark Guehi.

Parish:
No problem. He is fantastic isn’t he, that will be £70 big ones please. Up front.

Newcastle:
Oh ok. Well how about £45 mill and a tickle from a fat bird I know.

Parish:
I’m all good thanks, I’m set with the lovely Ms Reid, Just the £70 mill please.

Newcastle:
How about £50 mill and some sports direct vouchers?

Parish:
£70 mill please.

Newcastle:
Look, we are going places. Don’t hold us and the player back. £65 mill and a signed shirt by Alan Sherear. Come on that’s a deal.

Parish:
£70 mill please.

Newcastle:
You f*cking southern shandy drinking bastards… well show you. You’ll see, just you wait…. We are looking elsewhere. Just you wait you’ll be sorry.

Parish: 😎

Newcastle: hello Mr Parish. Can we please have Mark. It’s the last day and we need him. Here is £70 million.

Parish:
£75 million please.

Newcastle: Aaarrraagghhhh… you absolute bast…. 🤬🤬😤😭😭😭
Priceless 🤣🤣🤣

I’d be more concerned if Liverpool came in for Guehi and offered Gomez as part of the deal. It’d kill two birds with one stone since he can play centre back or left back. Having said that he’d need a thorough medical given his history and I’m not sure there’s enough time.

I’d be more concerned if Liverpool came in for Guehi and offered Gomez as part of the deal. It’d kill two birds with one stone since he can play centre back or left back. Having said that he’d need a thorough medical given his history and I’m not sure there’s enough time.
I think this is a distinct possibility.

I'm looking at this from Guehi's position. I'm good. Had a decent Euro and my attitude is excellent. A couple of more inches would have helped, but why are only Newcastle interested. It's more than up north and there's no Champions League football. They will pay me well but Steve would probably double my wages in a heartbeat.
I'm not sure he's fussed on this move. Those who have mentioned Liverpool as a possible destination, have identified a totally different scenario. Maybe he's glad Parish has changed the price-if indeed he has.

Back