• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

I always thought Liverpool was the most likely destination - we all want to hold on to our stars but, once he's established himself with us, he's bound to want to go somewhere he can win things and play champions league, especially after his success at the euros. We'll have Eze for one more season, might get two out of Wharton, but if Guehi goes to pool and we get Gomez in return +£45mil that's a very good deal. With Lacroix and one of Riad, Lerma, Richards or Holding that's a very good back 3, and a forward line which perms 3 out of Eze, Mateta, Nketiah, Sarr and Lamada is very decent - things may be starting to take shape.

I always thought Liverpool was the most likely destination - we all want to hold on to our stars but, once he's established himself with us, he's bound to want to go somewhere he can win things and play champions league, especially after his success at the euros. We'll have Eze for one more season, might get two out of Wharton, but if Guehi goes to pool and we get Gomez in return +£45mil that's a very good deal. With Lacroix and one of Riad, Lerma, Richards or Holding that's a very good back 3, and a forward line which perms 3 out of Eze, Mateta, Nketiah, Sarr and Lamada is very decent - things may be starting to take shape.
excuse typo its Kamada of course - nearly turned him into a Latin American dance!

Whilst I can understand why Liverpool is a likely place to go I still think he could end up back at Chelsea. He is the sort of home grown player they need to knit together their team and it is of course his original club. I’m not a massive fan of Chalobah so wouldn’t necessarily want a deal involving him however they have plenty of players that would improve our team and in particular Madueke, however I think they have just worked out how good he is. He absolutely tore Wolves apart.

Regardless of who if anyone could be part of a deal, there are certainly plenty of Chelsea fans that I have spoken to who want him back.

It's been reported that he won't sign another contract at Palace
He will go tonight for 75m 100%, i can see Chalaboah coming in also, so Kamada, Sarr, Nketiah, Larcoix, Chalaboah, Travers in, and Olise, Andersen, Ayew, Johnstone, Edouard and Guehi out, surely not!

He will go tonight for 75m 100%, i can see Chalaboah coming in also, so Kamada, Sarr, Nketiah, Larcoix, Chalaboah, Travers in, and Olise, Andersen, Ayew, Johnstone, Edouard and Guehi out, surely not!
Bold prediction Lanzo, we shall see. You might want to buy a fire retardant jacket, just in case. 🙂

Newcastle fault guehi hasnt left if they had bid the asking price in the first place it wouldnt of gone on all summer and the only man to blame is newcastles DOF the first thing i would do is sack him his not very good as a negotiater

We'll no doubt see hundreds of articles from Newcastle fans moaning about Parish if this doesn't go through but it just seems Palace had a price and Newcastle seemed to think if they kept offering slightly higher amounts eventually Palace would concede and sell for a lower price. It could still happen, but I don't blame Parish if he has changed the goalposts this late in the day. Knowing our luck though he'll stay and then get injured playing for England and be out for the season!

Now this epic saga is nearly done it feels a bit anticlimactic. He's a good player but not irreplaceable and this feels different to Olise not going to Chelsea. If Eze had been subject to this same speculation for weeks and then stayed I'd be delirious with happiness but this is mild satisfaction at best.
I don't mean to denigrate him as a player it's more his position - central defenders don't excite my football sensibilities which haven't changed since I was 12.

Good news. Assuming he stays now we need him on a longer contract (by offering him a handsome increase in earnings), say three years with a c.£65m release clause which kicks in at the end of this season.
Just like Olise had.
31 hours to go.

Maybe they would have got him if they had put the asking price on the table a bit earlier. Andersen left to Fulham and Riad is probably out for a long time. That means different circumstances. Imagine if Guehni went to Newcastle, which back 3 would be our first choice? Thank God Newcastle were too slow.

We'll no doubt see hundreds of articles from Newcastle fans moaning about Parish if this doesn't go through but it just seems Palace had a price and Newcastle seemed to think if they kept offering slightly higher amounts eventually Palace would concede and sell for a lower price. It could still happen, but I don't blame Parish if he has changed the goalposts this late in the day. Knowing our luck though he'll stay and then get injured playing for England and be out for the season!
It's already started mate, they're in a right old state of irritation. Should've just paid the asking price.

Well done Mr Parish for (a) keeping hold of a key asset and (b) annoying the fans of a club with more money than sense. We win all round (assuming chickens/hatched not applicable).

Back