• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

Different question then, is he entitled to have his loans repaid if he is leaving the club? Not expecting you to know the answer but interested if you do.

I agree with you regards Guehi but feel he must be replaced (Lacroix) if he does go.
Only the board members will know the details and terms of his loans. If he is to buy Everton he will want them repaid but he may have to wait. Two scenarios one the new buyer(s) take over loans Other the other 3 buy out his loans. Latter is unlikely but possible. Where it will be having an effect is transfer funds. I think we knew Olise would go if a suitable club came in. We took out a loan to cover some purchases and expected to repay it from transfer fees and director loans. Clearly Textor is not going to increase his loans to club unless he can get more control. I don't think Guehi will go for 2 reasons we need replacement first and secondly I think he doesn't want Newcastle. The other thing is Chelsea's matching clause and percentage. If we were to accept a Newcastle bid they will match it and offer us a deal of surplus players possibly 3 one of which on loan with obligation to buy. They will have to be creative particularly with Sterling as we cannot afford his wages it will probably be done like Ronaldo leaving United ie contract cancelled by mutual consent and he comes to us after receiving a payment to cover loss of earnings

Only the board members will know the details and terms of his loans. If he is to buy Everton he will want them repaid but he may have to wait. Two scenarios one the new buyer(s) take over loans Other the other 3 buy out his loans. Latter is unlikely but possible. Where it will be having an effect is transfer funds. I think we knew Olise would go if a suitable club came in. We took out a loan to cover some purchases and expected to repay it from transfer fees and director loans. Clearly Textor is not going to increase his loans to club unless he can get more control. I don't think Guehi will go for 2 reasons we need replacement first and secondly I think he doesn't want Newcastle. The other thing is Chelsea's matching clause and percentage. If we were to accept a Newcastle bid they will match it and offer us a deal of surplus players possibly 3 one of which on loan with obligation to buy. They will have to be creative particularly with Sterling as we cannot afford his wages it will probably be done like Ronaldo leaving United ie contract cancelled by mutual consent and he comes to us after receiving a payment to cover loss of earnings
Thanks for your take on it.

I cannot now see how we can sanction the Guehi deal this window after the Riad injury. the commentators last night stated you can normally tell it's serious by how the player acts once he has been subbed off. We absolutely need a CB in this window and now need to keep Guehi rather than have a CB in as a replacement and maybe revisit in Jan. Clyne played really well yesterday so i believe he will keep his place on Sunday with Richards replacing Riad. 70 Million 2-3 weeks ago would have been acceptable given the time we would have to spend it but 2 days till the window shuts is just suicidal.

Unfortunately he is
If I was to make a guess, I would say that after the sale of Andersen Parish is under no pressure to sell and has essentially told Newcastle the fee and how he wants it paid with no negotiation. Marc seems relaxed about the whole deal. Newcastle is not exactly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like a Man City, Madrid or Bayern. Financially, Palace will probably offer him a six-figure salary if he stays. As much as I would love to keep Marc if Newcastle end up paying £70 million for him then it is quite funny as we will have got three games out of him and still come away with more money than we probably would have asked for had they bid for him in July! If he stays I think he'll grow into his role as club captain and I expect great things.

If I was to make a guess, I would say that after the sale of Andersen Parish is under no pressure to sell and has essentially told Newcastle the fee and how he wants it paid with no negotiation. Marc seems relaxed about the whole deal. Newcastle is not exactly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like a Man City, Madrid or Bayern. Financially, Palace will probably offer him a six-figure salary if he stays. As much as I would love to keep Marc if Newcastle end up paying £70 million for him then it is quite funny as we will have got three games out of him and still come away with more money than we probably would have asked for had they bid for him in July! If he stays I think he'll grow into his role as club captain and I expect great things.
I agree with all you say, But, Parish is a Businessman first and a Palace fan second, as it should be, if they meet the 70m he will accept it, if it was Guehi injured last night, instead of Riad, there may never be an offer like that again, Head says yes, Heart says No.

If Guehi stays, then I see no reason to give him a pay rise as he hasn't agitated for a move and I think he's waiting for a better option than Newcastle.

If we were seriously contemplating selling Guehi, why would risk him playing 2 full games in a matter of days which could scupper any potential deal with a couple of days left in the window (cp Toney who's been left out for Brentford).
Furthermore, why would would there be a fanfare about him being made club captain with him extolling the virtues of the club and his hopes with the club for the season?
While the window remains open I suppose anything remains possible, but it looks unlikely at this stage.

If no more first teamers depart, and we make a couple of quality additions, perhaps we can start the season properly from now on.

I cannot now see how we can sanction the Guehi deal this window after the Riad injury. the commentators last night stated you can normally tell it's serious by how the player acts once he has been subbed off. We absolutely need a CB in this window and now need to keep Guehi rather than have a CB in as a replacement and maybe revisit in Jan. Clyne played really well yesterday so i believe he will keep his place on Sunday with Richards replacing Riad. 70 Million 2-3 weeks ago would have been acceptable given the time we would have to spend it but 2 days till the window shuts is just suicidal.
I think Riad did appear to have a significant injury.

However, I don't think Clyne had a good game. He had a torrid time against Hernandez. He hasn't played to be far to him, but we do need another CH.

If Guehi stays, then I see no reason to give him a pay rise as he hasn't agitated for a move and I think he's waiting for a better option than Newcastle.
The pay rise comes with signing a longer contract. If he were to sign a new four-year deal then another good season and his value only goes up.

I think Riad did appear to have a significant injury.

However, I don't think Clyne had a good game. He had a torrid time against Hernandez. He hasn't played to be far to him, but we do need another CH.
Knee ligament I hear. Pray not a serious ACL, otherwise it will be like a "new signing" come next August.

If we were seriously contemplating selling Guehi, why would risk him playing 2 full games in a matter of days which could scupper any potential deal with a couple of days left in the window (cp Toney who's been left out for Brentford).
Furthermore, why would would there be a fanfare about him being made club captain with him extolling the virtues of the club and his hopes with the club for the season?
While the window remains open I suppose anything remains possible, but it looks unlikely at this stage.

If no more first teamers depart, and we make a couple of quality additions, perhaps we can start the season properly from now on.
It may well be that Palace have not said Guehi, “is not for sale,” because no one does that. Surely everything done so far says , it will take a lot more than anything being offered, because the club the player are not interested. If Newcastle were near £70mill surely Guehi would have had his feet up through out the last week or so not just last night.

I think if we don't hear anything today he stays, We wont have enough time to replace imo
Genuine question is that right? As far as we know all the paperwork is drawn and agreed and it may just need the figures and signatures. You can complete in 5 minutes and then fax (!) the forms over to FA House before the deadline.

Parish should be busy finalising the Lecroix deal rather than be “in discussions with Newcastle”. We need a replacement for Anderson. If Riad isn’t knackered for the season we could always help our good friends by the Tyne out by loaning them Rob Holding.

I find it odd that we are prepared to sell Sam Johnstone for a paltry £10 Million and yet seem to be holding out for an extra few million for Guhei.

I suspect that things are not as the media present them. (Surprise)

I appreciate that Johnstone is said to be homesick and not happy at being No2 but surely an England goalkeeper is worth at least double that.
With Guehi, Parish is either playing the hardest hard ball ever or we have no intention of selling to Newcastle. Another potential buyer has not materialised as yet, and it's getting a bit late.

The pay rise comes with signing a longer contract. If he were to sign a new four-year deal then another good season and his value only goes up.
if he doesn't move by Friday, his agent would not be doing his job if he didn't try and get his client a pay rise. Obviously Palace will want to link this to an increased contract length, so if he doesn't announce a new contract in Sept that will tell me that MG (or his agent) wants to move on in the next year or so.

Similar to the Olise situation last year - didn't move to Chelsea and next day doubles his salary at Palace

Back