• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

I think it is strange he only signed a 2 year deal, maybe bought to offload in the winter window, who knows.🙄

He signed a weird deal with Lazio last year too. A year contract with an option to trigger a further 3 years, which he didn't take up in order to join us.

every good player wants to climb the ladder to the Champions league.

Newcastle will be another rung on the ladder.

Guehi can have a relegation fight with us, or go for glory in the top half of the table.
This is the exact reason players dont want to sign for Newcastle. 1. They are not good enough to play every year in the Champions League. 2. They are deluded and believe they should be there each year therefore they will refuse to let any play they want to keep move on while they are under contract.
I just do not believe Guehi has any serious interest in Newcastle

By Far, look at last seasons stats, Richards, more tackles won, more headers won, more blocks, he is a top class defender, not flash but solid, quick, powerful, and miles better in the air.
Stats dont tell the full story though you are right that Richards has come on leaps and bounds. Overall I'd still prefer Guehi given the choice.
I'm confident we'll end up with both.

Stats dont tell the full story though you are right that Richards has come on leaps and bounds. Overall I'd still prefer Guehi given the choice.
I'm confident we'll end up with both.
I would be amazed if he is still at palace after window closes, but who knows

I would be amazed if he is still at palace after window closes, but who knows

All this uncertainty concerning the future of our key central defender after losing another one last week.
The club could hoist a 'NOT FOR SALE' sign but there is not one in evidence.
I do not believe that Glasner signed up for the 'Project' that is in progess.

All this uncertainty concerning the future of our key central defender after losing another one last week.
The club could hoist a 'NOT FOR SALE' sign but there is not one in evidence.
I do not believe that Glasner signed up for the 'Project' that is in progess.
Making him Captain went some way to doing that surely ?

I am not convinced that interested clubs will view this as definitely "Not for sale".
The 'Revolving door' will be in motion this week, and I shall reserve judgment after 11PM on Friday.
There is no such thing as 'definitely not for sale ' every player has his price . The club has indicated though that they are not open to offers below their valuation .

I think Palace will accept Newcastle's latest offer.

But that doesn't necessarily mean the Guehi will go there.

I still think there is a Gomez + cash deal to be done with Liverpool.

If we sell him now we're not a serious club, especially given that we can barely wrap the Lacroix deal up and would still need another. Whoever we get in my opinion our defence has regressed in quality. Nketiah and a new LB wouldn't make me feel better about it either

What the f*** are we doing this window?

I think Palace will accept Newcastle's latest offer.

But that doesn't necessarily mean the Guehi will go there.

I still think there is a Gomez + cash deal to be done with Liverpool.
IMO, Liverpool aren't desperate enough to go for a deal that values Guehi at £70m+. They have Konate and Quansah as options to play alongside Van Dijk. Newcastle are desperate and I think it will end up being a question of whether or not Guehi wants to go to Newcastle or whether he'll prefer to stay for another year and see what offers come in from bigger clubs.

We may well go for Gomez anyway as well as Lacroix if Guehi were to go to the NE.

IMO, Liverpool aren't desperate enough to go for a deal that values Guehi at £70m+. They have Konate and Quansah as options to play alongside Van Dijk. Newcastle are desperate and I think it will end up being a question of whether or not Guehi wants to go to Newcastle or whether he'll prefer to stay for another year and see what offers come in from bigger clubs.

We may well go for Gomez anyway as well as Lacroix if Guehi were to go to the NE.
It's an interesting one that's for sure.

I'm mindful of the fact that Liverpool haven't talked to Virgil yet about a new contact and I believe his deal runs out at the end of this season.

Also the new coach may well have some input around re-shaping their defence.

I'd rather Marc went to Liverpool so maybe I'm reading more into it than there is.

If we sell him now we're not a serious club, especially given that we can barely wrap the Lacroix deal up and would still need another. Whoever we get in my opinion our defence has regressed in quality. Nketiah and a new LB wouldn't make me feel better about it either

What the f*** are we doing this window?
My expectation was that we would definitely sell Guehi in this window. I was mentally prepared for that, but not for Olise to leave when he did, followed by Andersen.

And of course we finished strongly last season without Guehi for all but the last game.

It feels like the Club has been destabilised by these events.

Hopefully Palace can do some meaningful business this week.

I reckon the upstairs shenanigans with the main board directors has more to do with what’s going on currently than is being reported in the press.

Parish I believe has the support of Blitzer and Harris but it’s still rumoured that Textor either wants to buy the entire club or sell up and buy Everton. Parish will be desperate not to sell to Textor as should we all be because that in my opinion would be the death of the club.

It could well be that Textor is instigating some of these sales to get his loans paid back prior to shipping out. We just don’t know for sure however it makes sense when you see a successful side being stripped of it’s valuable players.

Parish apparently has said that if deal for Guehi wasn’t done by the final week of the window it wouldn’t happen as Palace would have little time to get a replacement.

Newcastle apparently said that if they hadn’t got Guehi by the final week they would move on to other alternatives (which as far as I can see they haven’t).

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me that a deal is still on!

Guehi will be off before deadline day and in doing so will see a fair bit of the great work we did investing in quality young players go with him.

The comments made by Joa when he left which pretty much say that the club wanted him gone are such that we seem as a club to be looking to raise cash and raise it fast.

This points to something being amiss at board level and when that happens it's the playing side that suffers.

If we do not back the manager he will walk and then well who knows?

We have always had an unusual ownership structure with the minority shareholder welding the most power an bed that is coming home to bite us. Who wants to incur the huge cost of owning a Premier League club which in effect is controlled by someone with so little skin in the game?

Parish apparently has said that if deal for Guehi wasn’t done by the final week of the window it wouldn’t happen as Palace would have little time to get a replacement.

Newcastle apparently said that if they hadn’t got Guehi by the final week they would move on to other alternatives (which as far as I can see they haven’t).

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me that a deal is still on!
I have just had an enlightening conversation with a gentleman who is convinced that Guehi will be heading for the exit door.

Back