• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

I can't judge Holding as, like you, I have not seen him given any game time.

We could have done with him last season when most of our CBs were crook (inc him)
I actually judged him on some of his Arsenal performances before he even kicked a ball for us and he always looked awful to me. Some of Arsenal’s worst performances in wenger’s last knocking’s as manager he was at the back for them, he was also playing when we stuffed them 3-0 when Big Sam was our gaffer. I’d sooner Joel Ward as one of the three than Holding

I can't judge Holding as, like you, I have not seen him given any game time.

We could have done with him last season when most of our CBs were crook (inc him)
Not sure how you have such a knowledge of what I have and have not seen. I saw him plenty of times for Arsenal and thought he was a waste of money when we signed him despite the small fee.

I'm not sure how you can think this.

We sell 2 players and you start spouting "directors getting nice and rich".

Unless you missed it, the owners are stupidly rich. £100m isn't that significant when you have many hundred millions.

In 11 years we sold only 3 players for big money:

Bolasie (we got the best of that deal too)

AWB - which as we have seen, we did well out of and what did we miss? Not a lot. United making a £35m loss....

Olise - which was a reasonable release clause was triggered.

That's it. In our entire PL journey since promotion, that is it.

We tend to buy good players and they spend their time with us, then leave and do what? Go where? Recent examples :

Milivoyevic- we had the best of him and then now, he is playing out his career.

McArthur- we definitely had the best of him

Jedinak- moved on at the right time and was never as good after

Murray - did he do that great after us? A striker he didn't get 10 goals a year?

That's not to add the ones that promised much but delivered little like Gayle. Championship at best.

I could go on but that would make it tl;dr.

Facts are we aren't a selling club and wetting your metaphorical pants over a couple leaving is frankly laughable but sadly all too often heard from those who don't understand the model.

We aren't a selling club. We have been a buying club for the now.

Now we are a club for the now & the future. This means we will sell on occasion.

Get used to it.

Also the last 2 seasons have been rinse and repeat.

Manager in situ, under performing, then look like getting into a relegation fight, gets sacked, new manager gets a good run on and optimism returns, next season it starts badly then it's back to the beginning.....

I believe OG will do well. He needs time & we are getting the players that suit his style. It's been one game.

Overreacting much?

Sadly, I agree with CM especially after today's result. Sometimes players have to put themselves first.
Will be very sorry to see him go. After today's game, he showed what a class act he is.

Sadly, I agree with CM especially after today's result. Sometimes players have to put themselves first.
Will be very sorry to see him go. After today's game, he showed what a class act he is.
This! Looked cool, calm and comitted throughout the game despite all the noise around him.

A Palace friend has just told me that there's a rumour that Guehi has signed a new contract!!

Don't know if true, but has anyone else heard this?

every good player wants to climb the ladder to the Champions league.

Newcastle will be another rung on the ladder.

Guehi can have a relegation fight with us, or go for glory in the top half of the table.

every good player wants to climb the ladder to the Champions league.

Newcastle will be another rung on the ladder.

Guehi can have a relegation fight with us, or go for glory in the top half of the table.
We are unlikely to be in a relegation battle and I would not be that confident that Newcastle will finish in a Champions League position this year.

With Fabian Schar getting that red card last weekend ( 3 game suspension) I felt sure Newcastle would be on the phone first thing Monday morning with a fresh bid / trying to conclude a deal to get Marc up there in time for this weekends games - somewhat surprised that the week passed without anything being concluded.

I certainly hope he stays, this next 5 days will be interesting.

After yesterday’s game we cannot let Guehi leave now, not sure the wisdom in selling Andersen, looks like a a really poor decision unless there are movements in the transfer market. Let’s wait and see what the last week of the transfer window offers, and then we can vent our spleens!

Why is everything such hard work with Palace, we just make things difficult for ourselves…

After yesterday’s game we cannot let Guehi leave now, not sure the wisdom in selling Andersen, looks like a a really poor decision unless there are movements in the transfer market. Let’s wait and see what the last week of the transfer window offers, and then we can vent our spleens!

Why is everything such hard work with Palace, we just make things difficult for ourselves…
Agree. There is absolutely no way we can or should sell him. Would be commercial suicide and I don’t believe SP is that foolish.

Back