• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Liverpool Match thread?

Terrible first 20 minutes and badly at fault for not cutting out the cross for their goal. Got a bit better after that but doesn’t look like a £60m defender to put it mildly.
Do you think it's just poor form or would you read more into it? Perhaps the influence of Anderson raised his game beyond what he's capable of innately, masking certain shortcomings? No questioning his ability on the ball, I have thought for a while however that there's real question marks defensively.

Being completely overrun and outnumbered in centre midfield again . 2 against 3 doesn't give us a hope

Liverpool happy to foul every time we look like getting forward , its part of their game that they have mastered over the years . Agree with others that we should go 4-4-2 .

Just said on the radio foul count is Palace 0 Liverpool 11 . erm .
Does going 45 minutes without any fouls show just how uncompetative we are ?

Nice little glimpse of Roy in the Directors Box at Half Time. If we don’t turn this around today or bring 3 pts back south v Forest towards the end of October then surely Roy will come into the frame.

Do you think it's just poor form or would you read more into it? Perhaps the influence of Anderson raised his game beyond what he's capable of innately, masking certain shortcomings? No questioning his ability on the ball, I have thought for a while however that there's real question marks defensively.
To be fair I think all defenders look better when they have players alongside them who complement them. I don’t think we can blame Guehi for losing his key partner at the back and having a rotating cast of people around him. However, his form has clearly dropped off this season and he can play better than he is doing.

Could you explain how it is Kamada’s sort of game please? He can’t pass and he can’t tackle so not sure how he is going to assist.
Breaking up the play at EF and the Japanese national side was one of the reasons Lazio signed him, and reading the Lazio FF after we’d signed him was mentioned as being an area which would weaken Lazio’s midfield following his departure. Let’s not forget we can count on one hand the games he’s played in the EPL for us and therefore hard to judge as he needs/deserves a season or two to settle.

Good move getting Wharton off is a smart move as should never have started and was largely a passenger in the first half. Fundamentaliy he now has almost 3 weeks to treat the injury he is clearly carrying.

Rest up lad.

Its a good job Jota is playing up front for them, without him they would be out of sight by now.
I was thinking the same thing, and SP was a happy hunting ground for him as a Watford player scoring on both of his appearances for them here, including that controversial equaliser with the last kick of the game during the season prior to signing for LFC.

Back