• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Liverpool Match thread?

I don’t think I can remember when we have looked so poor defensively. We have got to change to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 get the defenders defending and stiffen the midfield.

We are getting slaughtered.
Yep, second half, 4-4-2

Mateta Nkrtiah
Eze Lerma Hughes Sarr
Mitchell Chalobah Guehi Lacroix

Go long, Woeful Wharton and Calamity Clyne off, Mateta, Hughes on

Good finish. I thought Nketiah was going to get the rebound but he was just a fraction off.

Let’s hope it bodes well for second half.

Clyne needs to be taken off and I’m not sure about Mitchell. He’s had a couple of woeful passes/crosses and suddenly is clutching his leg. He wants out.

First 2 minutes and last 2 minutes were good. The rest was really worrying. Defence looks all at sea and lacks a leader. Very passive in midfield just standing and watching Liverpool play. Didn’t think the front three did anything wrong given how little they had to feed off. Eze used the ball well when he had it and Nketiah made good runs. I’d take Wharton off for Hughes. Obviously bags of potential but he had a very poor half, physically isn’t competing and looks low on confidence.

Hughes on for Wharton for me too. Poor lad hasn't been at the races. We need to go 442, with the personnel we have available. Mateta on to give us some physical presence, that's if he can be bothered?

Good finish. I thought Nketiah was going to get the rebound but he was just a fraction off.

Let’s hope it bodes well for second half.

Clyne needs to be taken off and I’m not sure about Mitchell. He’s had a couple of woeful passes/crosses and suddenly is clutching his leg. He wants out.
I know the corner incident was daft but I actually thought we tightened up a bit defensively when Clyne came up. Munoz was having a bad game. Constantly out of position defensively (like for the goal) and gave it away in dangerous areas. They didn’t have quite as much joy down that side once Munoz went off. Still far too much joy but not as bad

Being completely overrun and outnumbered in centre midfield again . 2 against 3 doesn't give us a hope

Liverpool happy to foul every time we look like getting forward , its part of their game that they have mastered over the years . Agree with others that we should go 4-4-2 .

Just said on the radio foul count is Palace 0 Liverpool 11 . erm .

Being completely overrun and outnumbered in centre midfield again . 2 against 3 doesn't give us a hope

Liverpool happy to foul every time we look like getting forward , its part of their game that they have mastered over the years . Agree with others that we should go 4-4-2 .

I don’t want us to be a cynical team but no fouls against us is a worrying stat in itself. Symptomatic of not competing or being physical enough

Ha, well, it’s a draw we can hope for then as they just said Liverpool are 162 games unbeaten when conceding first, 148 have been wins.

Up the Palace, a goal in the first 10 minutes of the second half will do.

Kamada needs to come on at HT, it’s his type of game. Maybe Ward for Mitchell too as the latter is really struggling at the moment with the pace of the EPL

Yep, how Jota hasn’t been booked is a mystery, I reckon he has 4 or 5 of the 11 fouls. Virtually every Liverpool foul is a cynical one too.

On the plus side, we dominated the first 30 seconds - and the last 30 seconds. Apart from the goal, Dean hasn’t been tested.

With Munoz off and Mitchell carrying a knock, a back four would make more sense. I'm not sure how long the plan is to keep Chalobah on for anyhow. Subbing Mateta for him, though we'll miss him at the back but maybe ineviatble, would be brave but could get us more into the game.

Ha, well, it’s a draw we can hope for then as they just said Liverpool are 162 games unbeaten when conceding first, 148 have been wins.

Up the Palace, a goal in the first 10 minutes of the second half will do.

Kamada needs to come on at HT, it’s his type of game. Maybe Ward for Mitchell too as the latter is really struggling at the moment with the pace of the EPL
Could you explain how it is Kamada’s sort of game please? He can’t pass and he can’t tackle so not sure how he is going to assist.

Back