• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Joachim Andersen sale agreed?

Really? Bad business in my opinion. Especially this late into things and with uncertainty around MG. $30m won't buy you peanuts this days.

Can't for the life of my see why he think Fulham is progression either...we'll almost definitely finish above them this season. I thought Andersen genuinely bled Red and Blue. Disappointed.

A weird, disappointing transfer all round.

Suggested wages ! Most players are mercinaries - if the price is right

His main role is defending, which he isnt as good as he used to be, he lacks pace and is error prone. A £12m profit for a 28 year old after 3 years service is a decent return.
There are plenty of young hungry CBs in Europe.

He is certainly not that fleet of foot, can be exposed on the turn and his 1v1 defending has been called into question. He does have the ability to pass out from defence, finding a teammate in space 'Between the lines' and spraying long diagonal passes out to the flanks.

I know that in the opinion of Glasner, one of Andersen's major strengths is his leadership, his organising the defence when the team have the ball and that he can break the lines with his passing.

Was surprised to see him leave. Hopefully Riad and Richards have a good season. Definitely another centre back will be bought. With Andersen going, surely Guehi won't leave as well?

Suggested wages ! Most players are mercinaries - if the price is right

Who could blame him? He's at the peak of his earning potential, and if Fulham offers him £100k+ a week on a 4- or 5-year contract, then fair play to him. He’s been fantastic at Palace, and he’ll definitely be missed. But given where he is in his career, I’m not sure Palace would match that offer.

I recall reading something online about a comment Parish made on Talksport over the weekend. He mentioned something about “the right bids in the right order,” which suggests he might be trying to play Newcastle and Fulham against each other. It seems like only one of JA or MG will be sold, depending on who comes up with the right figure first.

If that’s true, then from a financial perspective, it might not make much difference. If MG goes for £75 million this year and JA leaves for free when his contract ends, or JA is sold for £30 million this year and MG goes for £30-35 million next year, the numbers are fairly comparable. Plus, there’s a chance MG could be tempted into signing a new contract with a decent release clause if he gets a significant pay bump.

Joa's message to the fans on Instagram:

Dear @cpfc

When I first came to Crystal Palace, it was with humility and respect for the history of the club and the fantastic fans. After three years at Selhurst Park I can honestly say that my respect and humility has only grown. I’ve had a fantastic time at the club and enjoyed every bit of it.

Now it’s time for a new chapter. I will miss everyone within the club and the amazing fans!

The next time we meet, it will therefore be as competitors. But still with my greatest respect. Thanks for everything. Thank you to the fans, players, coaches and managers at Crystal Palace. I wish everyone the best.

Sad to see him leave, but three good seasons and a £15m profit is not bad business. We're finally seeing Palace make profits on player sales which is what the top clubs do to recycle money. BUT it's only decent business if his replacement can match his standards.

Good message from him, but I'm not too disappointed he's gone. We've got some money in the bank and, frankly, he has become error prone and fouls opponents too often.

Just hoping we manage to hang on to Guehi.
I’m the same as you, I think he tries to play a bit too much sometimes and doesn’t concentrate on the basics of defending. We’ve got Richards now who has improved massively since the switch to three at the back and he DOES get his head on the ball in the penalty area and clear his lines with no sodding about and you never know Riad might end up to be another bargain

His main role is defending, which he isnt as good as he used to be, he lacks pace and is error prone. A £12m profit for a 28 year old after 3 years service is a decent return.
There are plenty of young hungry CBs in Europe.

Andersen was acquired from Lyon for a fee of up to £17 Mill. I have a 'Feeling in my water' that there was a 12.5% sell-on clause.

I've just watched the 'Thank you, Joa' highlight clips on the club website. Now I'm sorry he's going!

Back