• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Joachim Andersen sale agreed?

I read quotes from Joa this morning saying that Palace weren’t prepared to match the 5 year deal (yes 5 year!) deal Fulham offered him and that Palace were “cold” in accepting Fulham’s offer.

I got the impression he (and his NEW agent) were probably demanding a little bit too much of Palace and had their bluff called.
I guess if you appoint a new agent it’s because he’s promising to get you a great new contract - I suppose that’s what has happened……but it’s a bit of a shame.

Yes it is all about the money,but if you have ambition and be succesfull you have to pay it,why is it Fulham who are certainly no better than us can afford and are willing to pay the rate for a class performer,and Palace shrink from trying to keep him.It happens to often for me with Palace,desire is talked about a lot in this club but l don't think the money men follow through.
He's just not worth £150k each week, if Dougie thought he's worth it then we would try and pay it, look at Zaha we offered him £200k because Dougie knows he's worth it although it wasn't enough. If we feel a player is worth it then we will try and pay what he's worth.

I read quotes from Joa this morning saying that Palace weren’t prepared to match the 5 year deal (yes 5 year!) deal Fulham offered him and that Palace were “cold” in accepting Fulham’s offer.

I got the impression he (and his NEW agent) were probably demanding a little bit too much of Palace and had their bluff called.
I guess if you appoint a new agent it’s because he’s promising to get you a great new contract - I suppose that’s what has happened……but it’s a bit of a shame.

Good luck to Fulham. Joa is a very good player, but thats bad business. Big fee,big wages, no sell on fee. I suspect 150k a week will feel a lot when he's 32/33

Greedy git, my last 3 years of work i never got a pay rise, come the general election i got a whopping extra £50 per month which then went into the corrupt pension top up scheme.

If the internet is accurate then our highest-paid player is Kamada on 105kpw, which will be down to the fact he was a free transfer, with Eze and Henderson both on 100kpw. If Andersen asked for 100kpw that would not seem too unreasonable, especially as Edouard is also on 90kpw; however, if he did ask for 150kpw then he would have been asking the club to be by far the biggest earner at the club, at a time in his career when his value is likely to start going down (due to his age) and when most would say he was not even one of the top four/five most important players. I imagine he has had a public moan because people have mocked him for following the money. No one is going to shed tears for a man who will earn more in a week than the average man takes five years to earn, especially when he was already getting 80kpw with us. Christ almighty.

If the internet is accurate then our highest-paid player is Kamada on 105kpw, which will be down to the fact he was a free transfer, with Eze and Henderson both on 100kpw. If Andersen asked for 100kpw that would not seem too unreasonable, especially as Edouard is also on 90kpw; however, if he did ask for 150kpw then he would have been asking the club to be by far the biggest earner at the club, at a time in his career when his value is likely to start going down (due to his age) and when most would say he was not even one of the top four/five most important players. I imagine he has had a public moan because people have mocked him for following the money. No one is going to shed tears for a man who will earn more in a week than the average man takes five years to earn, especially when he was already getting 80kpw with us. Christ almighty.
Exactly - if he wanted say a 2 year extension and £100k a week i think that's not unreasonable.

£150k for 5 years is madness. Can see him doing well for 1 or 2 years and then fading.

Don't blame him for taking the Fulham money - it's a short career - but common sense has to prevail

For me the departure of Andersen has been about a player wanting more than we were willing to give him and he's gone to a club whose defensive needs were even greater than ours hence their willingness to give him the deal he wanted. It has nothing at all to do with lack of ambition on our part IMHO. We got a very good price for him.

Back