• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Joachim Andersen sale agreed?

Andersen was acquired from Lyon for a fee of up to £17 Mill. I have a 'Feeling in my water' that there was a 12.5% sell-on clause.
is it your water or wiki saying 12.5% ? I quoted this a couple of days ago after reading wiki and said i hope it is on profit and not total fee.

If Fulham are prepared to offer him a 25% pay rise (he was already on great money at Palace) and a 5 year contract good luck to them.

He has been a great servant to the club and his partnership with MG has been top draw. I wish him well

He was a real battler and took no prisoners. I think we will miss his character and leadership in defence. Who will step up to take on that mantle?

I’ve come off Twitter, but I’d love to be on there at the moment just to see the heart break and meltdown of some of palace lady fans who call themselves #teamjoa 🤣🤣 they had t-shirts printed the lot😍

Sad to see him leave, but three good seasons and a £15m profit is not bad business. We're finally seeing Palace make profits on player sales which is what the top clubs do to recycle money. BUT it's only decent business if his replacement can match his standards.

15m profit?

We paid close to 18m without addons for him. (addons rumored to be close to 4m)

Selling all these players which are a part of the main squad is worrying & sticks of needing cash to fund the polishing a turd stand.

Rather see him go over Guehi

15m profit?

We paid close to 18m without addons for him. (addons rumored to be close to 4m)

Selling all these players which are a part of the main squad is worrying & sticks of needing cash to fund the polishing a turd stand.

Rather see him go over Guehi
Or it could just be cashing in on players while they’re worth a lot of money rather than let them run their contracts down and end up worthless, it’s the modern game I’m afraid.

He was a real battler and took no prisoners. I think we will miss his character and leadership in defence. Who will step up to take on that mantle?
I often criticised him for being exactly the opposite . Decent enough overall but easily replaced and upgraded on .

Last week, our defense seemed off, so will we feel his absence today? A few months back, he looked checked out, then showed some improvement, but something still seemed off.

Iâve come off Twitter, but Iâd love to be on there at the moment just to see the heart break and meltdown of some of palace lady fans who call themselves #teamjoa í ¾í´£í ¾í´£ they had t-shirts printed the lotí ½í¸

Probably not helped by the fact the Weed are gonna spend over £200m this summer (the 2nd highest in Europe behind Chelsea) and are going to go 3 points clear at top of the table!!

He was never afraid to open his mouth when he was a Palace player and he has continued this by accusing our club of being 'cold' for not offering him a 5 year contract and doubling his wages to £150,000 like Fulham have.

Made it clear why he moved and I don't blame us for moving him on as could never justify those figures for a 28yr old centre back even if he is a good one!

He was never afraid to open his mouth when he was a Palace player and he has continued this by accusing our club of being 'cold' for not offering him a 5 year contract and doubling his wages to £150,000 like Fulham have.

Made it clear why he moved and I don't blame us for moving him on as could never justify those figures for a 28yr old centre back even if he is a good one!
He was worth it to keep us in good shape,l question the desire again of our people at the top,who ever we get in now needs bedding in,how many more points/games go by,pretty disappointing to sell one of our class acts?

He was worth it to keep us in good shape,l question the desire again of our people at the top,who ever we get in now needs bedding in,how many more points/games go by,pretty disappointing to sell one of our class acts?

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed he's gone but I don't think we can justify paying those wages when he's even slower at 32 or 33. If we get in a good replacement this week i.e. Chalobah, then I think the board's (of whom I not that big a fan) decision will be vindicated.

Sorry, but I don't agree. We did well to move him on for the fee we got. I expect Lacroix to come in for little more than half the fee we got for Andersen and to do a better job. A matter of opinions, of course, and that's mine.

He was (is) a class act and will be missed. However, it's more worrying that some of our best players might not want to discuss contract extensions because they feel undervalued by the club. It doesn’t bode well for the future.

He was (is) a class act and will be missed. However, it's more worrying that some of our best players might not want to discuss contract extensions because they feel undervalued by the club. It doesn’t bode well for the future.

That's true in some cases but Anderson is just coming across as a greedy g1t to me!!

Agreed..its all about the money

Agreed..its all about the money
Yes it is all about the money,but if you have ambition and be succesfull you have to pay it,why is it Fulham who are certainly no better than us can afford and are willing to pay the rate for a class performer,and Palace shrink from trying to keep him.It happens to often for me with Palace,desire is talked about a lot in this club but l don't think the money men follow through.

Back