• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Joachim Andersen sale agreed?

Perhaps this will mean Geuhi in the middle of the 3 with Richard’s going back to preferred left. This would mean either someone we have on the right (Clyne, Lerma, Riad) or as we suspect a new replacement coming in?

Whichever way you look at it ,if Anderson goes, we lose two key components of our attacking tools.
We’ve already lost Olise’s creativity, goals and assists from our attacking play.
We’ve (potentially) lost Anderson’s ability to turn defence to attack with his range of passing from the back.
We’re noticeably more direct under Glasner and I think this is one of the reasons that Mateta has flourished as he receives the ball earlier and in the right areas.
Anderson is pivotal to this style.

Freedman’s track record as a talent spotter and Glasner’s pragmatic management skills offer some comfort that we’ll be able to adapt in time.
However, I’m less confident of our prospects this season because in the initial period at least we are likely to have a less stronger and less experienced team.

I see no footballing reason to sell Andersen. It must be about money. Selling him back to a rival also seems rather weird.
If we replace him with someone better, then all well and good, but we also still need a left back and a winger.

I really like Andersen he is a cracking ball player but he is poor in the air and slow. He fell out of love with us at Brighton and seems to want to move on.
To me Andersen/Guehi has nothing on Thorn/Young or Cannon/Gilbert and we will be able to capably replace him but it needs to be in this window.
The long diagonal ball is used less by Ollie as the wing backs are more withdrawn than out and out wingers and his front three are narrower.
I really would like us to be able to defend corners and score goals from them.

I really like Andersen he is a cracking ball player but he is poor in the air and slow. He fell out of love with us at Brighton and seems to want to move on.
To me Andersen/Guehi has nothing on Thorn/Young or Cannon/Gilbert and we will be able to capably replace him but it needs to be in this window.
The long diagonal ball is used less by Ollie as the wing backs are more withdrawn than out and out wingers and his front three are narrower.
I really would like us to be able to defend corners and score goals from them.

Agree all round there.

Great long range passing, good technical ability. Not the greatest in air (with his height too), has a mistake in him, can look cumbersome at the back.

Would I prefer a CB who could run, dominate in the air (from attacking corners perhaps too) and was a bit more 'committed to the cause (of defending the goal)', even if they could not ping a ball as well as Joa? Yes.

I have a feeling Glasner wants us to be a bit more dynamic in transitional play too so perhaps the need for long-range balls from CBs may be lower down on the priority scale and not enough in isolation to make him a top earner.

Attachments

• Joachim Andersen.webp
    Joachim Andersen.webp
    145.2 KB · Views: 19
Parish's view on Anderson as being at the heart of what Palace do.
Work that one out in the light of the emerging news.
Screenshot_20240821_095811_Chrome.webp

You cannot let us get into the Wilf fiasco, worth 50m one minute, then goes for 0, we have the Mitchell situation, entering his last year, i am assuming we have offered him a new contract and he has said NO, not enough money, or he wants to see it out and go for nothing, bad Business decision to let that happen

Really? Bad business in my opinion. Especially this late into things and with uncertainty around MG. $30m won't buy you peanuts this days.

Can't for the life of my see why he think Fulham is progression either...we'll almost definitely finish above them this season. I thought Andersen genuinely bled Red and Blue. Disappointed.

A weird, disappointing transfer all round.
Currency issues there, but we are apparently looking at swapping the £30m Anderson with Araujo from Benfica, 6 years younger, one of Europe's hottest prospects and only valued at 7M euros on Transfermarkt.

His stats are better than Anderson's and he matches him for those long passes.

Of course, possibly all click bait nonsense and...

Losing 2 CBs at once is a worry. New ones unlikely to forge a bond till later in the season. Until then?

I see no footballing reason to sell Andersen. It must be about money. Selling him back to a rival also seems rather weird.
If we replace him with someone better, then all well and good, but we also still need a left back and a winger.

i'm guessing the football reason is that JA is keen on the move. It is difficult to keep someone who wants to go. At his age etc CPFC probably feel it's the only time we could make a reasonable profit on the player and i think we've had his best years.
He's not the fastest now, so when he gets into his 30s his lack of pace with become a bigger issue.

i'm guessing the football reason is that JA is keen on the move. It is difficult to keep someone who wants to go. At his age etc CPFC probably feel it's the only time we could make a reasonable profit on the player and i think we've had his best years.
He's not the fastest now, so when he gets into his 30s his lack of pace with become a bigger issue.
To Fulham?
There has been no indication that he wanted to move on. I suspect we are just cashing in with a view to signing a cheaper, potentially better player or players.

A lot of Fulham fans were happy to see him go the first time and reading some stuff about him they ain't not too happy about hes return

To Fulham?
There has been no indication that he wanted to move on. I suspect we are just cashing in with a view to signing a cheaper, potentially better player or players.
He was there before and clearly liked it.

The comments made above regarding Palace cashing in with him at 28 and time running out on his contract also apply to JA. He will get a pay rise and money on the transfer, play 3 seasons and then retire wealthy to TV punditry in Denmark.

Wouldn't you?

He was there before and clearly liked it.

The comments made above regarding Palace cashing in with him at 28 and time running out on his contract also apply to JA. He will get a pay rise and money on the transfer, play 3 seasons and then retire wealthy to TV punditry in Denmark.

Wouldn't you?
Like I said. It must be about money.
I hope we are smart enough to seal a deal for a replacement before he departs.

Parish's view on Anderson as being at the heart of what Palace do.
Work that one out in the light of the emerging news.
View attachment 70
That's just talking Anderson up nicely ready for the shop window! Nothing wrong with 'bigging up' your players. Doesn't mean that every one of them has a price on his head and Parish wouldn't sell if the price is right and Dougie has a worthwhile replacement in his portfolio.

Reading through the comments..when you think about Anderson, as good as he has been for us….there is certainly room for improvement. He is the tallest CB, but for me, does not win enough headers. Even his long ball distribution is not as effective as it was a couple of seasons back.

And yes, his reaction to the fans when we played Brighton clearly indicated he is not happy.

fulham-fc-swimming-pool-riverside-stand-populous_dezeen_2364_col_2-852x475.webp

Design for the new stand at Craven Cottage featuring a rooftop swimming pool. Maybe if we throw a paddling pool in the Sainsbury's car park we can jazz things up a bit and convince Joa to stay.

Really? Bad business in my opinion. $30m won't buy you peanuts this days.

Well, £30m could buy us Wharton, Munoz and Kamada all over again - so not sure that's totally true. Likewise widening the point, literally everyone of our (frankly at times excellent) signings over the last few seasons have all been significantly less than £30m individually.

Whilst I really like JA, personally I think 30m is a bit of an inflated price, with Fulham paying a premium for shopping late and wanting a proven starter. However I think the last couple of windows have shown DF and the scouting network is really finding form, so I totally back the club to reinvest and find a replacement.

That's just talking Anderson up nicely ready for the shop window! Nothing wrong with 'bigging up' your players. Doesn't mean that every one of them has a price on his head and Parish wouldn't sell if the price is right and Dougie has a worthwhile replacement in his portfolio.

To echo the sentiments of Steve Parish our club is not a 'Destination' but a 'Transit Lounge'.

The 'Revolving door' is in operation and of course supporters will have some concerns that the tried and trusted players are being replaced by those many had not even heard of and who could take time to adjust to the rigours and challenges of the PL.
Far from building on the successes of last season by retaining our sought after players, we are in a re-building phase with key asserts departing for pastures new.

I don't get this. I don't understand why we are selling him and why he wants to go to Fulham. I rate him and think he's an important figure in our defence. He defends well, is a leader, can play out from the back, and can stick one on the oppo when required. What's not to like?

Back