Crystal Palace vs. Nottingham Forest match thread

Just sat down at last after my first visit of the season to Selhurst.

Yes we were very lucky in the 1st half, but I thought we were quite bright for the first 10 minutes, apart from gifting them a goal. But we started drowning in basic errors, mainly in our own half, and suddenly our confidence seemed completely shot. I thought it was a question of individual mistakes, rather than being tactically clueless, but it was constant and appalling, and ended up with one of the worst halves of football from Palace that I can remember for years.

It should have been 0-3 by the time we scored. Second half was quite even. But let's take the positives. Benitez MoM surely. In the 2nd half both Wharton and Timber were excellent, after dodgy first halves. Personally I thought Lerma did well and should be one of our first choice back 3. Mitchell is always just about the best defender on the pitch. Pino is a talent, but needs more work on his strength. I was delighted to see how keen McNeill was when he came on too, although he didn't have too much to do. And generally we do pose a threat when we are going forward.

On the down-side Khallaili was vulnerable, though he did some good things and he is young and could grow into a good player. I like Richards but he is regularly exposed for pace and when anyone runs at him.
That’s pretty spot on how I saw the match today… definitely rode our luck in the first half and agree Benitez was motm.
 
Just sat down at last after my first visit of the season to Selhurst.

Yes we were very lucky in the 1st half, but I thought we were quite bright for the first 10 minutes, apart from gifting them a goal. But we started drowning in basic errors, mainly in our own half, and suddenly our confidence seemed completely shot. I thought it was a question of individual mistakes, rather than being tactically clueless, but it was constant and appalling, and ended up with one of the worst halves of football from Palace that I can remember for years.

It should have been 0-3 by the time we scored. Second half was quite even. But let's take the positives. Benitez MoM surely. In the 2nd half both Wharton and Timber were excellent, after dodgy first halves. Personally I thought Lerma did well and should be one of our first choice back 3. Mitchell is always just about the best defender on the pitch. Pino is a talent, but needs more work on his strength. I was delighted to see how keen McNeill was when he came on too, although he didn't have too much to do. And generally we do pose a threat when we are going forward.

On the down-side Khallaili was vulnerable, though he did some good things and he is young and could grow into a good player. I like Richards but he is regularly exposed for pace and when anyone runs at him.
Pretty good summing up. I’m looking forward to Richard’s being a back up rather than a starter. Which brings me to Lerma, who was our most solid defender. He should be a starter.
 
What a marvellous win👏👏
I am staying in Gatwick tonight before my flight tomorrow and I raised a glass to our splendid victory in the bar tonight!
After 40 mins I only envisaged one winner and was 'Spitting feathers' in a state of apoplexy, how wrong I was!! Positives and negatives about our performance but in the final analysis we emerged victorious.👏👏👍
 
What a marvellous win👏👏
I am staying in Gatwick tonight before my flight tomorrow and I raised a glass to our splendid victory in the bar tonight!
After 40 mins I only envisaged one winner and was 'Spitting feathers' in a state of apoplexy, how wrong I was!! Positives and negatives about our performance but in the final analysis we emerged victorious.👏👏👍
Enjoy your trip abroad and good to be able to jet off with positive vibes about the team you love.
 
Huge win, delighted to have got all three points against Glasner and Maranakis.

Considering this team has very few regular Premier League goalscorers in it, and few obvious leaders, we showed great spirit to come from behind and score. From about 40 minutes on it was pretty impressive.
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top