Crystal Palace vs. Nottingham Forest match thread

I think we did ok, 2nd half, Benitez was mostly kicking up the pitch, less tippy tappy, IMO Larsen, Pino both had decent games, Lerma and Kamada best two, very pleased for Sage, but he needs to stop the Tippy Tap at the back, they are not good enough on the ball, Delap looked awful, Gibbs-White dosent fit in the system, at all

Good point, he really doesn't when you think about it. I could imagine him playing 1 of the #10 positions but he didn't seem to spend much time there, rather he was out on the wing.
 
Weird stuff. Are they yearning for a rival in lieu of Derby being in the Premier League?

Also, surprised a sticker of Marinakis would fit on the front of the club shop. Must have been seriously scaled down...


You could understand it if we were

1. Nearby
2. Had done something terrible to them

Neither, it's all a bit odd, especially as we won stuff with Glasner and they act as if they have and we didn't. I think it won't work out with him there, he'll come unstuck because of their culture.
 
He needs to find that balance.

I see the bloke who posted the ‘Sage out/Howe in’ comment got a lot of stick but we did look extremely vulnerable again today. Could easily have been a very different tone to this thread, a team on their game could have had a hat full.

This win today was worth more than the 3 points for me, if I could pick only one home game for a win this far into the season it would have been this one, but we had luck on our side and needed it.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully). COYP

We did, but a totally different type of vulnerable.

Earlier in the season we were a mess through the middle and in transitions. the latter of which a low block counter attacking Glasner team would be looking to exploit.

But ignoring Khalaili's back pass, we couldn't clear the most basic crosses, and the ball just seamed to get stuck in out box. Bouncing off players left right and centre.

However, on the attacking front, we were clearly better than Forrest, we didn't really have any pace up top, but put together some nice passing moves.

We've still got a long way to go, but I'm a glass half full chap, and there are lots of great signs there. Granted sandwiched between some terrible bits.

And I know people will say its just IF's. But we could have beaten Everton if JP could finish, Ipswich could have easily been different without the sending off, a we deserved to beat Leeds.
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top