• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Crystal Palace V Manchester United match Thread

Clearly lacking confidence in each other, can't play out from the back, can't string 2 holding passes together, so the ball goes back to Henderson who then has to hoof it up into no mans land. Chalobah might help our panicky distribution. Mitchell looking better than most of his mates, Munoz seems isolated. As it stands, Anderson leaving has had more impact than I ever expected. I'm not confident we can handle Everton away next week if we keep turning up like this.

Well first half we weren’t at the races, second half OG made the changes required and we looked more balanced and we had a greater attacking threat .How many games is that now where Hughes comes on and we start playing the ball about, I think it’s 3 games. He helped rescue a point against Leicester and he gave us more of a presence.

I thought at the end we were going to pinch all 3 points and the United players we’re definitely more cautious in coming forward.You can see OG is tinkering with the side and he is not afraid to make changes early which is a real positive.

Couldn’t make tonight or see it on TV so I guess I’m in the bracket of fan who’ll see the result and given our start, think ‘I’ll take that’.

It’s not a loss, a point with a clean sheet, so for now I’ll be grateful for it albeit I have a feeling from reading that we’re still yet to ‘click/get going’.

Glad to hear Henderson is doing well and I’ll keep faith that OG will have us rocking and rolling soon.

Well done the lads and COYP

I understand the frustration at Kamada. Ollie knows him. I think he hopes Kamada will come as he knows him.

We can’t all be wrong, he gives us nothing, ala Riedevald, but the fact that he’s an Ollie signing and he probably had to persuade Dougie and SP to sign him, I think we’re stuck with him in the team at the moment

We can’t all be wrong, he gives us nothing, ala Riedevald, but the fact that he’s an Ollie signing and he probably had to persuade Dougie and SP to sign him, I think we’re stuck with him in the team at the moment
It does make you wonder whether that is how the mindset actually works with managers. You’d like to think not however you are probably right.

Well first half we weren’t at the races, second half OG made the changes required and we looked more balanced and we had a greater attacking threat .How many games is that now where Hughes comes on and we start playing the ball about, I think it’s 3 games. He helped rescue a point against Leicester and he gave us more of a presence.

I thought at the end we were going to pinch all 3 points and the United players we’re definitely more cautious in coming forward.You can see OG is tinkering with the side and he is not afraid to make changes early which is a real positive.
Agree on the Hughes point.. It's a tricky one as he struggles to play 90 minutes, mostly down to the fact that he's at real risk of picking up a second yellow card so it's a choice between starting him or bringing him in when we are performing like we did tonight.
He did grab hold of the game though and gave us a bit of stability in the middle of the park.

Next Saturday at Goodison will be interesting.. Two teams who both expected to start the season far better than they have meet eachother... It's a bigger game for them than it is for us, however we really should be eyeing this game as our first 3 point game of the season. If we do win I can genuinely see Dyche getting sacked.

Six of us going up for an overnighter in Liverpool so I can't wait personally!

The fact that he was a free transfer equals him costing about £10 m for his two year contract which in itself shouldn't mean automatic selection but it's not good to have the highest paid player on the bench.
Different players obviously adapt, or don't, to the Premier League at different speeds and hopefully he's one of those who's taking a little time but does become an asset. Even so at the moment it's hard to see what job he's supposed to be doing.

Lacroix was top drawer today. Reads the game well and very quick. One or two loose passes, but trying to move the ball forward quickly. Richards made some timely tackles second half to help out Mitchell. Guehi solid as well. Have a little look at Anderson pre-season's performances before complaining.

Sarr was a big improvement second half as well.

Lacroix was top drawer today. Reads the game well and very quick. One or two loose passes, but trying to move the ball forward quickly. Richards made some timely tackles second half to help out Mitchell. Guehi solid as well. Have a little look at Anderson pre-season's performances before complaining.

Guehi also put in some nice long passes. Agree about Sarr, he offers something different and put himself about a bit today.

Not sure if you watched it live and got a different perspective but on the tv there is no way Lacroix comes across as very quick. If anything he is more akin to a lumbering Ox.

We were exceedingly fortunate to attain a share of the spoils.
The first half performance was absolutely excreta but I have to praise Henderson for keeping us in the game.
We improved in the second half and the Eze miss had me resorting to some industrial language for which I apologised to those in my vicinity.
When Man Utd missed their chances I had a 'Feeling in my water' that they were destined not to score.

We were exceedingly fortunate to attain a share of the spoils.
The first half performance was absolutely excreta but I have to praise Henderson for keeping us in the game.
We improved in the second half and the Eze miss had me resorting to some industrial language for which I apologised to those in my vicinity.
When Man Utd missed their chances I had a 'Feeling in my water' that they were destined not to score.
You must have an excellent plumber, Willo.

Should have been out of sight with our terrible first half performance today. Thank goodness for Henderson - certainly MOM. I’ve said in every match thread this season there’s something not quite right about our team and that first half showed it again. Yes we are missing Olise and Andersen but it shouldn’t mean playing the whole team out of balance. Kamada is not a central midfielder and how he gets in that position with Hughes and Lerma on the bench, I just don’t know. The back three are struggling, especially in the first half today but looked better after the half time substitutes which seemed to balance us better throughout the team. Lacroix and Geuhi then had much better second half’s as did Richard’s. We were more direct rather than trying to play it short out from the back and the whole team was tighter than that awful first half. Our forward play improved as well with Sarr coming on and Mateta going off. Hughes and Lerma also had a lot to do with that. Surprised Nketia stayed on the right though? We got away with it and if Eza had stuck away one of those easy chances we would’ve won. A point was great though after that awful first half and Glasner has to take the blame for the set up / unbalanced team he put out. Hopefully he learnt from the second half display for Everton next week?

You must have an excellent plumber, Willo.
Some might argue that we have gone down the drain.

Of course we miss Olise who many might consider to be 'World class' but we also miss Andersen's prowess on the ball, with his diagonal passing out to the flanks and his ability to pass into midfield from the back.
Thus far I have not been overly impressed by Kamada or Lacroix.

Back