• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Crystal Palace V Manchester United match Thread

We looked much better when we had two centre mids playing in centre mid .Utd stopped walking through us and the game was more balanced . In the end we probably had the better chances with Eze and at the end with Sarr . Utd nothing in the second half to worry us after the subs .

I can see that Glasner is trying to make us an inter changeable team with lots of options but some players just cant play in certain positions .We have a decent squad though and the defenders will get confidence from that ,0-0 is always a good score for a centre back .

COYP !
First sentence, second paragraph. Bang on.

Improved in the second half, all subs that came on gave us extra confidence and I think you could argue we had the better chances come the end of it.

However in the main our general play looks confused and disjointed. Not to mention too many players don’t look fit.

It’s been a weird start to the season.

Hughes put in lot of effort and was trying to even go forward.

Manager got it wrong again
Hughes added a bit of nouse and a steady head which Komada does not.

Lerma's really not so great passing (although he did play a really nice through-ball that led to a chance). I can see why he was perhaps playing better as a defender.

Komada did pop up and make challenges but the ball would either bounce off him to the oppo or he'd be leant off it rather easily. When he went to right wing he was anonymous which perhaps made us look more solid.

Sarr worked hard and made a lot of telling interventions. I think he's a really good signing.

Nketiah looks like he has something to prove and has the talent. OG just needs to find a system to play to his strengths rather than shoehorning him in. But early days.

How we got a point I just do not know how, we deserved to be beaten yet we managed a draw. We generally were very poor, no cohesiveness in the team, hit the ball anywhere and hope. This team play as if they do not know each other or what system they are supposed to be playing. We definitely miss Anderson with his penetrating passing from defence and his heading ability whilst defending. Zarr should start as it will give us more wide options, Mitchel is not in the right position and really is a weakness as he cannot cross and lacks pace, physicality and awareness. Overall lucky to get a point but I'll take it and just hope we can get better!

The minimum requirement it to compete.
We didn't in the first half and lacked physicality.
The subs helped and we competed better in the second half which was fairly even.

Lessons learnt?
Mateta with a high pressing team , served by Olise, Eze and Wharton is a different kettle of fish to the player supported by a team which is on the back foot feeding on scraps as has been the case for him this season.
If we want to get that Mateta back we have to play higher up the field and increase the quality of service provided to him.

Two man central midfields are risky when continually outnumbered like today.
This may mean playing with an extra man in midfield, at least for some games.

Sarr offers something different and positive for the team.
Can he be accomodated in a Glasner system though?

We stole a point there. Hendo top class today.

MG looked better.

Really odd choices all over the park, most of which was made to shoe horn Kamada in. I just don’t see what he brings. He must have played like Olise under OG previously and the manager is waiting for him to click but honestly I just don’t get it.

Respect the point and move on I guess

We stole a point there. Hendo top class today.

MG looked better.

Really odd choices all over the park, most of which was made to shoe horn Kamada in. I just don’t see what he brings. He must have played like Olise under OG previously and the manager is waiting for him to click but honestly I just don’t get it.

Respect the point and move on I guess
Yeah early days. Hasn’t clicked yet for kamada but we have to have a bit more patience. Maybe shouldn’t be an automatic starter but ultimately he needs game time to understand the demands. Let’s see how autumn goes for him.

Sarr needs to start soon imo

Happy enough with the point. If we arnt playing well it's still important picking up these points. It keeps us ticking over.

It will click and we will start picking up the wins for sure.

I'm very rarely critical of our players as at the end of the day they play for the team we all love but in this case I have to say that Kamada does not bring anything to the team. He is sloppy, lacks composure, obviously isn't up to the pace of the premier league and looks clueless most of the time. At best he is a Championship player in my opinion and not a top one at that. I really don't know what Glasner sees in him, unless he is hoping that the more he plays, that he becomes the player that he has seen before. But if he keeps doing that he is going to jeopardize the performances going forward.

I'm very rarely critical of our players as at the end of the day they play for the team we all love but in this case I have to say that Kamada does not bring anything to the team. He is sloppy, lacks composure, obviously isn't up to the pace of the premier league and looks clueless most of the time. At best he is a Championship player in my opinion and not a top one at that. I really don't know what Glasner sees in him, unless he is hoping that the more he plays, that he becomes the player that he has seen before. But if he keeps doing that he is going to jeopardize the performances going forward.
I don't think it's just down to Kamada, even if he hasn't shown much so far. Others are also far below the performances we saw last season: Eze, Mateta, Richards, Wharton and so on.

There is no doubt Dean Henderson is a brilliant shot stopper, however his distribution is terrible
Also Chris Richards is very one footed, Kamada looks good, adds nothing
Where does Nkietiah fit in ? He clearly doesn't want to play out on the right

Henderson n Mitchell were excellent. The rest. Not so. Maybe Munoz in second half. Wharton in a bad patch. Saar is not AC/f. Get him on the wing. And sort out where nketia is to play. Kamadalookslightweight. And lecroix not so hot. But hopefully they will play through and learn and improve. In olly we trust. Miracle point. Made united looklikeworldbeaters. We will thump everton. !COYP

They must have wished they'd never sold us Hendo! I thought Mitchell was the pick of our outfield players. It was encouraging that we could have nicked that game. The frustration for me is that we've consistently looked better this season when Sarr was on the pitch Our best today was when he and Nketiah were both there. Combining them with JPM rather than subbing Sarr for him is our best chance of getting back the goal a game version. Eze's best spell since he joined was as the attacking midfielder in a 433. Doucoure can't regain fitness fast enough for me.

How did Glasner keep Kamala on and take if Nketiah? I would have hooked him at 40 mins. I’ve bit wanted to dismiss him so early in his career ag Palace but Jeesh today he was sh!te.

MoM obviously Deano.

Eze lost his scoring boots too.

Rejoice the point!

Back