• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

US Politics

Dominate! You’re having a laugh. Only 15-20% of the world follows standard western cultures. USA and Europe, the rest are different cultures. How can that be domination.
It isn’t but some seem to think it ought to.

The real question is how the west adapts to the changes that we are witnessing and, because they are inevitable, will continue.

Will we manage them effectively to our advantage or try to errect barriers? Will we be latter day Luddites or learn to embrace the benefits of change whilst preserving the values we hold dear?

Eating dog is not an uncommon practice in many cultures, especially in Asia. I have seen it done. I would expect the same applies to cats. What is considered food varies a lot. Many won’t eat pork and others not beef. We don’t eat horse but our near neighbours do. A while back swans were being taken and eaten here by some from Eastern Europe.

So it would not be surprising if there was some truth behind the claim.

That though does not excuse Trump introducing it as a debating point in an effort to stir up hatred. What is needed is education for the incomers so they get to understand the cultural norms of their hosts, backed up by the knowledge of what happens to those who disrespect them.

Eating dog is not an uncommon practice in many cultures, especially in Asia. I have seen it done. I would expect the same applies to cats. What is considered food varies a lot. Many won’t eat pork and others not beef. We don’t eat horse but our near neighbours do. A while back swans were being taken and eaten here by some from Eastern Europe.

That though does not excuse Trump introducing it as a debating point in an effort to stir up hatred. What is needed is education for the incomers so they get to understand the cultural norms of their hosts, backed up by the knowledge of what happens to those who disrespect them.
In the meantime, mourn the loss of your dog or cat that’s been killed and eaten. Tough sh1t.

Biden put on a Trump hat and the press are making a big deal of it.

Well, I want to say that actually I think this was the best thing I've seen Biden do since he took office. It's a great shame that he didn't act in office like this and if he had been far more caring about his opposition I think the polarisation within the country would have been far lower.

It's also true that this can be said about Trump, but I give post 2020 Trump a pass on that as he's been prosecuted by these guys....even had an assassination attempt and their deranged rhetoric probably helped with that.

But like I say Biden should be praised for this unity act, and not for any silly comments from Republicans looking to make hay but because it's reaching out and being friendly to the opposite side of the isle. A lot of people will respect that, I was certainly impressed with it.

Was it done cynically exactly to play well with independents? I'd like to think not and that it was just a nice interaction amongst people.

Biden put on a Trump hat and the press are making a big deal of it.

Well, I want to say that actually I think this was the best thing I've seen Biden do since he took office. It's a great shame that he didn't act in office like this and if he had been far more caring about his opposition I think the polarisation within the country would have been far lower.

It's also true that this can be said about Trump, but I give post 2020 Trump a pass on that as he's been prosecuted by these guys....even had an assassination attempt and their deranged rhetoric probably helped with that.

But like I say Biden should be praised for this unity act, and not for any silly comments from Republicans looking to make hay but because it's reaching out and being friendly to the opposite side of the isle. A lot of people will respect that, I was certainly impressed with it.

Was it done cynically exactly to play well with independents? I'd like to think not and that it was just a nice interaction amongst people.

I agree with these sentiments. I even smiled while I watched the video of it.

It isn’t but some seem to think it ought to.

The real question is how the west adapts to the changes that we are witnessing and, because they are inevitable, will continue.

Will we manage them effectively to our advantage or try to errect barriers? Will we be latter day Luddites or learn to embrace the benefits of change whilst preserving the values we hold dear?
Oh you mean in the same way that immigrants who come here learn to embrace our culture and see the benefits of change.
Is that what you are seeing on our streets because if you think you are seeing that then you must go to the same optician as stevie wonder !

We’ve probably all ate a dog or two in our youth 🤪

Back