• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

US Politics

See how fast they have moved from "it's not happening" to "it's not that big of a deal that it's happening" to people's pets being eaten.

These types of instances never see the light of day in mainstream media. It doesn't fit the narrative that Trump's in it for himself and his billionaire friends.

It's like Joe's unapologetic claims that no one in the military has lost their life under his watch etc. (rinse and repeat). What do the energy workers in Pennsylvania believe will happen to their jobs under each administration? Do they believe Harris is the question.

See how fast they have moved from "it's not happening" to "it's not that big of a deal that it's happening" to people's pets being eaten.
Some cultures eat dogs. I have lived in one where when you have nothing to feed your family almost anything will do. I have known children be sent to gather leaves to be boiled and for rats to be trapped and eaten. We have no idea what such pressures do to people.

I doubt it is a widespread issue in the USA but would not be surprised if it happens somewhere, sometime.

So too my dog, but we have a western background and aren’t hungry.

Teaching newcomers about the culture of their new country and ensuring they respect it is what is required. Not expecting them to just be the same as us automatically.
Which would have more chance of success if there was a finite number of arrivals. But there isn't so the supply of pet eaters is constantly being refreshed.
Which aspects of our culture should be taught when large amounts of it are being constantly denigrated and ignored?

Back