• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

US Politics

Not in the same way he was to Trump. Nixon and Regan had lots of advisors. Trump doesn’t take advice but Cohn shaped Trump. He was much more than an advisor, he was his mentor and the lessons he instilled are only too present on how he acts today. Never admit you are wrong. Never apologise. Accuse your critics of what they accuse you of. Winning is all that matters. The truth doesn’t.
The truth doesn't matter to politicians. They tell us their version of what they think we need to know.

And in what way would she be able to do that given all the checks and balances that are built into the system?
Sounds to me like you have been entirely taken in by the nonsense that Trump articulated 4 years ago and his inability to accept defeat; all of his gripes were tested in the courts and thrown out if you recall?
To describe them as gripes is to flatter them and do truth a disservice. They were planned months in advance ready to be implemented if all the other tricks failed and he lost. They had less substance than a loud fart, marking a lot of noise, spread around a bad smell whilst containing nothing at all.

That enough people either believe them or are prepared to overlook them for him to even be a candidate is a terrible reflection on the USA.

The President Trump interview with Bloomberg was brilliant the other day. A standing ovation and round of applause at the end.

Then there is Kamala Harris Car crash of an interview on Fox News....

There is only one way she gets in and we all know it if she does.
Try and be accurate on something. For once.

He is former President Trump and she is Vice-President Harris.

Brilliant and car crashes are descriptions decided by observers. Most of whom already have opinions. Which you obviously have.

Harris being interviewed by Fox was always going to produce controversy but she needed to do it to establish credentials.

Fine. Carry on forgiving the lies of which you approve.
It’s not as simple as that as I am quite sure you understand.

Some politicians cannot tell the whole truth for reasons of national security.

Others will only selectively tell which parts of the truth suit their agenda.

Others think that whatever they say is true.

Some can be respected. Others not.

It’s not as simple as that as I am quite sure you understand.

Some politicians cannot tell the whole truth for reasons of national security.

Others will only selectively tell which parts of the truth suit their agenda.

Others think that whatever they say is true.

Some can be respected. Others not.
Interesting idea. Is it a lie if the person telling it believes it to be true?

Interesting idea. Is it a lie if the person telling it believes it to be true?
It can be. Opinions are neither truth nor lies. Many things are though facts.

Trump makes no distinction between something that is merely an opinion, which could be true however unlikely it might be, and things that are established facts, if those facts deviate from what he believes, or wants, to be true.

Whether Trump truly believes his lies is irrelevant, other than in an assessment of his mental health. The concern is that so many others seem to.

It can be. Opinions are neither truth nor lies. Many things are though facts.

Trump makes no distinction between something that is merely an opinion, which could be true however unlikely it might be, and things that are established facts, if those facts deviate from what he believes, or wants, to be true.

Whether Trump truly believes his lies is irrelevant, other than in an assessment of his mental health. The concern is that so many others seem to.

So he's not a populist then. He's getting people to agree with him rather than saying what they want.

In UK terms I would definitely consider myself right of centre, but if I was voting in the US elections there is no way I would vote for Trump. He is an odious narcissist and bully, but his worst offence was to threaten the entire democratic system in claiming the previous election was rigged and that he had actually won it. In my view the reason he likes Putin so much is that he would act like Putin if he was allowed to get away with it.

In UK terms I would definitely consider myself right of centre, but if I was voting in the US elections there is no way I would vote for Trump. He is an odious narcissist and bully, but his worst offence was to threaten the entire democratic system in claiming the previous election was rigged and that he had actually won it. In my view the reason he likes Putin so much is that he would act like Putin if he was allowed to get away with it.
Vote harvesting is a thing....postal voting made a big difference in the election....and if you personally believe that Joe Biden was the most popular candidate for votes to ever stand in a US election you are at liberty to do so....I'm not personally so sure. Anyway elections always contain some level of corruption.....for example, the press and security services were prepared to lie for Biden....ie the Russiagate scandal and the Hunter Biden laptop....the latter being lied about specifically during the 2020 election run in by their friends in the institutions.....The Democrats were desperate and were willing to do anything just as they are now.

I hear your criticisms of Trump's personality and and I think that's fair enough, though let's not let Harris off the 'bullying' charge herself as the last three years have plenty of evidence for it from staff who have left.....But as it's a woman the modern culture shrugs its shoulders.

Personally I care less about how likeable the guy at the top is.....what matters to me is what does he or she achieve and get done. On that score Trump didn't do badly (though I considered his presidency flawed) compared to the mess of Biden.

Neither are candidates that represent the best of America, however Trump was literally made the Republican nomination for president by the behaviour of Democrats themselves. If they had not gone down the political persecution route (something that had never happened in modern history) Trump would have never have won the nomination and they would probably have been facing DeSantis.

As with most things with the Democratic party there's a lot of projecting their own behaviour onto their opponents and creating the very problems that they then complain about.......Trump himself back in 2016 would never have been president without the huge reaction to their extremely divisive politics and their deliberate goading of him.....From a mirror, a reversed image.

I would suggest anyone with an onterest in the elction watch the Harris Fox News interview.

Absolute car crash, she just doesn't answer any question, she blames all the failres of the last three and a half years on Trump.

She wants to claim she was important in the Biden administration but won't acknowledge any responsibility for the failures.

God save us all if she gets in. Definitely the worst outcome IMO.

Back