• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Thoughts on the window

I am very happy with this window, the squad is now much stronger. You can’t replace someone like Olise and it wasn’t our choice for him to leave.

Anderson leaving was a shame but I think we have a better defence.

Sarr / kamada / Nketiah given time will give us a strong attack and multiple options and energy. Glasner wanted more pace in the squad to suit his high energy style. Plus Doucoure getting back to fitness, like a huge signing. Then Franca when recovered will give the team another boost.

The perfect scenario now is mateta and Guehi to cause headlines by signing new deals

I personally think it was one of the best transfer windows i think we have cover in most areas apart from LB and our midfield is definitely stronger than it was last season the striker area has definitely better after signing nkeitha and sarr and i believe our defence is one of the best defences outside the top 6 so im very happy with this window

I personally think it was one of the best transfer windows i think we have cover in most areas apart from LB and our midfield is definitely stronger than it was last season the striker area has definitely better after signing nkeitha and sarr and i believe our defence is one of the best defences outside the top 6 so im very happy with this window

We were unable to secure a left-wing back but Jeffrey Schlupp could be deployed in this position should Tyrick Mitchell be unavailable.

Clyne, Ward and Schlupp can all play left back / left wing back at a pinch, so I would not sweat. Franco Umeh has also played there for the 21s. Maybe a focus for the January window if required, otherwise we are in pretty good shape.

Clyne, Ward and Schlupp can all play left back / left wing back at a pinch, so I would not sweat. Franco Umeh has also played there for the 21s. Maybe a focus for the January window if required, otherwise we are in pretty good shape.

For me the issue is that LWB is now a serious vulnerability in our side.

Mitchell is good defensively, not brilliant, but poses little going forward. He's a less talented version of Wan-Bissaka.

That was fine in a back four under Roy but in a back five his emphasis is to attack. He bombs forward, leaving a gaping hole on the left, but the attacking contribution from him just isn't worthwhile. West Ham clearly saw this as their goals came from that side.

This isn't meant to be an assassination of him but I just think his game clearly doesn't suit this style and it makes him the weakest link.

He'd almost be better off on the left of our front three.

Did you make that on your Speak and Spell? 🤣

Olise is a right-winger who after OG joined moved a few yards inside, but still did most of his attacking play on the wing, as shown by the heatmap. He never played as a central forward/midfielder aside from a brief period under Vieira. Eze plays more centrally and spends less time out wide because he's not a left-winger. That shows in his heatmap for last season. You can argue all you want Lanzo, but the stats show Olise played out wide and still does at Bayern. Kamada is, however, seemingly playing narrower, which would tie in with the YouTube video you posted.

Back