• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

The labour government has announced a policy to ban MPs from presenting broadcast media in a move, widely seen as specifically and directly targeting Nigel Farage, who presents one of the most popular news and opinions shows in Britain on GB News.

The labour government has announced a policy to ban MPs from presenting broadcast media in a move, widely seen as specifically and directly targeting Nigel Farage, who presents one of the most popular news and opinions shows in Britain on GB News.
labour are the most concerning threat to ' free speech' in recent history.
''some animals are more equal than others ''
(theyre not labour anyway, just tradng under that name..wrong'uns)

Ministers did not carry out a specific impact assessment on the withdrawal of the winter fuel payment from the bulk of pensioners, such as the potential effect on illness and death rates among older people, Downing Street has said.

An unusual admittance......

😎

It does though make perfect sense that no broadcaster should be able to employ a sitting MP in any front facing role. As background advisers, fine. Interviewing them or including them on a panel, fine. Pretending to be neutral and.objective is not ok.

MP’s are paid to represent the people who voted for them. You can make a strong case that that ought to preclude any other outside interests but it surely must mean they cannot be given a regular platform on any national TV station.

If any party wishes to run its own tv propaganda station then let them do so openly and not try to pretend they are operating a news channel.

Ministers did not carry out a specific impact assessment on the withdrawal of the winter fuel payment from the bulk of pensioners, such as the potential effect on illness and death rates among older people, Downing Street has said.

An unusual admittance......

😎
I don’t see what the big deal is with this. Those most in need won’t lose it. There are other benefits available to the poorest, some of which go unclaimed.

I will lose it, but I was expecting to. I have received it ever since it started and regarded it as a nice little bonus prior to Christmas that never gor spent on fuel. People like me don’t need it.

Today’s report on the NHS and the realities it describes are a very welcome dose of realism. Calling for cross party support and action to reorganise and revitalise our health and social care services seems a brave and very much needed attempt to actually get something done, rather than just use it as a political football.

I don’t see what the big deal is with this. Those most in need won’t lose it. There are other benefits available to the poorest, some of which go unclaimed.

I will lose it, but I was expecting to. I have received it ever since it started and regarded it as a nice little bonus prior to Christmas that never gor spent on fuel. People like me don’t need it.
Spoken like how those in the labour traitorous party think. It’s not about you or people with the wealth you claim on here you have. It’s about the people on £13,000 a year and a bit more. The threshold is too low.

It does though make perfect sense that no broadcaster should be able to employ a sitting MP in any front facing role. As background advisers, fine. Interviewing them or including them on a panel, fine. Pretending to be neutral and.objective is not ok.

MP’s are paid to represent the people who voted for them. You can make a strong case that that ought to preclude any other outside interests but it surely must mean they cannot be given a regular platform on any national TV station.

If any party wishes to run its own tv propaganda station then let them do so openly and not try to pretend they are operating a news channel.
Not quite. Again you’re sounding like Starmer thinks. MP’s are paid as representatives, as you keep saying, to represent all of their constituents.

Last edited:
Today’s report on the NHS and the realities it describes are a very welcome dose of realism. Calling for cross party support and action to reorganise and revitalise our health and social care services seems a brave and very much needed attempt to actually get something done, rather than just use it as a political football.
The BMA et al go barmy as soon as a Tory government utter the reform word. But as you’ve exposed yourself as anything but a Tory we know you’d never realise or admit that if you knew it was the case.

Well the option was always there to give it to someone who did need it.

During the election campaign, the odious Starmer released a campaign video in which he excoriated the Conservatives for leaving pensioners to struggle with energy bills. He spoke of meeting a pensioner in Dewsbury who stayed in bed all morning because she was too cold to get up, and who then wandered around with a padded jacket because she could not afford to turn the heating up. Even by the standards of post-election U-turns, Labour’s is quite despicable.

I certainly do NOT accept the hogwash about this cut being forced on Labour by some unaccounted-for, fictitious, 'black hole'. On the eve of the election, Reeves was complaining about a £71 billion 'black hole'. Now Labour claim it is £22 billion. Numbers have been pulled out of a hat.

Labour has made this cut, not to try and balance the books as the claim, but to fund a gargantuan gift to the public sector unions which bankrolled it during the recent election. The £1.5 billion it claims it will save is more than swallowed up by the cost of giving public-sector workers a 5.5 % pay rise when inflation is at 2 % , a cost estimated at over £2.5 billion.

God help the UK under this dastardly Labour administration.
😡😡

Last edited:
During the election campaign, the odious Starmer released a campaign video in which he excoriated the Conservatives for leaving pensioners to struggle with energy bills. He spoke of meeting a pensioner in Dewsbury who stayed in bed all morning because she was too cold to get up, and who then wandered around with a padded jacket because she could not afford to turn the heating up. Even by the standards of post-election U-turns, Labour’s is quite despicable.

I certainly do NOT accept the hogwash about this cut being forced on Labour by some unaccounted-for, fictitious, 'black hole'. On the eve of the election, Reeves was complaining about a £71 billion 'black hole'. Now Labour claim it is £22 billion. Numbers have been pulled out of a hat.

Labour has made this cut, not to try and balance the books as the claim, but to fund a gargantuan gift to the public sector unions which bankrolled it during the recent election. The £1.5 billion it claims it will save is more than swallowed up by the cost of giving public-sector workers a 5.5 % pay rise when inflation is at 2 % , a cost estimated at over £2.5 billion.

God help the UK under this dastardly Labour administration.
😡😡
Here it is…

If you've ever seen the forms that have to be completed to claim, you may understand why! I have helped a couple of neighbours deal with these over the last few years, and believe me, they don't make it easy - personally, even I gave up trying to claim Attendance Allowance for my late husband as his dementia worsened as the application simply did not cover the problems that needed to be covered.

Back