• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

As a lifelong Tory I am willing to give Labour a chance to put things right and prevent any sleeze
starting within their party which so wrecked Tory's election chances.

As predicted, they soon got in with their donor Union parties but caving into the already well-paid railway drivers (without any concessions in return) is a short-sighted move as it will only encourage all unions to demand more. And as someone who subsists solely on the State Pension the loss of the Winter Fuel payment will really hurt.

Time, as always in life, will tell ......

Here’s that contrast again between kneeling during the BLM protests and riots and the graffiti and vandalism of the cenotaph and Churchill’s statue vs the protest in Whitehall 2 days after Southport.

That though is only the contrast that the right wish to make.

The BLM protests here were not riots. Some idiots behaved in a disrespectful way.

There were though riots elsewhere than London following Southport. People were threatened, some were assaulted and property damaged and destroyed. That the protest in London wasn’t violent doesn’t change that.

That’s the real contrast.

That though is only the contrast that the right wish to make.

The BLM protests here were not riots. Some idiots behaved in a disrespectful way.

There were though riots elsewhere than London following Southport. People were threatened, some were assaulted and property damaged and destroyed. That the protest in London wasn’t violent doesn’t change that.

That’s the real contrast.
There were riot horses used at the BLM riots. They don’t dispatch them for peaceful protests.

Where were the custodial sentences for vandalising the cenotaph and statues of national heroes in contrast to just after Southport? I’ll wait.

Interesting clip from Richard J. Murphy:-

'Starmer has failed' etc.

When Starmer promised “change”, did he mean Labour were changing into the Tories?

😎

There were riot horses used at the BLM riots. They don’t dispatch them for peaceful protests.

Where were the custodial sentences for vandalising the cenotaph and statues of national heroes in contrast to just after Southport? I’ll wait.
There are no such things as riot horses. There are police horses used for crowd control.

Vandalism is not such a big crime as riotous behaviour which threatens people and destroys property. That the vandalism was directed at the cenotaph and statues of national heroes does’nt change that.

Farcical form filling for the winter fuel payment.

It was obvious to anyone with any sense of reality that whoever won the last election was going to face a mess that only raising taxes and/or cutting services could begin to solve. It was said here many times. As was that Labour would swiftly be cast as the villains responsible for it all.

Of course they needed to be vague with their pre election statements. People don’t vote for tax increases, even when the alternative is worse. The truth is that it wasn’t the fault of either this, or the previous, government. It was the combination of the after effects of Brexit, the pandemic and the war in Ukraine.

I think they have done ok so far. They have handled the riots firmly and shown people that violent disorder won’t be tolerated. They have brought economic reality back into focus.

I doubt it will be enough and that they will be a one parliament government but that really depends on the Tories ability to regroup and avoid getting into bed with Farage. Staying in the centre is essential if the Tories are going to have a future.

It was obvious to anyone with any sense of reality that whoever won the last election was going to face a mess that only raising taxes and/or cutting services could begin to solve. It was said here many times. As was that Labour would swiftly be cast as the villains responsible for it all.

Of course they needed to be vague with their pre election statements. People don’t vote for tax increases, even when the alternative is worse. The truth is that it wasn’t the fault of either this, or the previous, government. It was the combination of the after effects of Brexit, the pandemic and the war in Ukraine.

I think they have done ok so far. They have handled the riots firmly and shown people that violent disorder won’t be tolerated. They have brought economic reality back into focus.

I doubt it will be enough and that they will be a one parliament government but that really depends on the Tories ability to regroup and avoid getting into bed with Farage. Staying in the centre is essential if the Tories are going to have a future.

Starmer seems to be on a deliberate path of pissing off as many white working class people as possible. From the political show trials following the Southport uprisings to the announcement today of banning of smoking in pub/nightclub/sports stadium outside areas, it is as though Starmer is deliberately shitting on white working-class people. And seemingly taking great relish from it. Its a very deliberate message that he knows will not go well. An attack essentially one the entire, and very specifically British institution of the 'pub'.

Now with my silver foil hat on, I see this as part of the run up to a full on EU rejoin campaign. And this a deliberate attempt to make the primary group who will react badly to this as demonised and potentially demoralised as possible.

Make them feel the pressure of the Government on their backs. How this prick from North London can and will crap all over white working-class people just because he can. With the constant threat of even worse to come if they dare try to respond.

Pure power play.

I'm not a fan of smoking. Actually can't stand it in public places. But this new law Starmer is looking to bring in does seem like a slippery slope.

There are no such things as riot horses. There are police horses used for crowd control.

Vandalism is not such a big crime as riotous behaviour which threatens people and destroys property. That the vandalism was directed at the cenotaph and statues of national heroes does’nt change that.
You are unbelievable. There was a riot going on and horses dispatched.

They threatened people and destroyed property at the BLM riots and the 2011 riots across London, including Croydon. 5 people killed, businesses burned down, including Reeves beds and furniture on Reeves Corner near the old market. You clearly have an agenda.

Maybe this is why Starmer dislikes pubs. That or he just looks uncomfortable walking in, like he hadn’t walked into a pub for 25 years and the last image of a pub he has in his head is the bar in Star Wars full of alien criminals and murderers. God this bloke is going to be unbearable, isn’t he? Jeremy Clarkson wasn’t wrong to ban Starmer from his new pub, and I had a feeling he’d go after pensioners.

You are unbelievable. There was a riot going on and horses dispatched.

They threatened people and destroyed property at the BLM riots and the 2011 riots across London, including Croydon. 5 people killed, businesses burned down, including Reeves beds and furniture on Reeves Corner near the old market. You clearly have an agenda.
You can't argue with blinkered stupidity - we need to stop giving him oxygen for some of his posts.

What a man! Unsettled by a portrait? I could say it was because it is of a woman but he doesn’t know what they are!,

He really is a piece of work.
Interesting what John Redwood is reported as saying in the article -
'I'm not at all surprised he's done this. He wouldn't want to be embarrassed by comparison with a far better prime minister.

'He wants to drag Britain down, he's pessimistic, he's saying that we're a shower, he's blaming the British people and saying that we are the rot and he's got to sort out the rot.

'So I'm very relieved that he doesn't want a portrait of Margaret Thatcher looking over him, and I can quite understand why he would find that deeply embarrassing.'

He added: 'Margaret Thatcher believed in the British people and knew we had great opportunities and great talents and there was nothing we couldn't do.

'She was positive and optimistic, and he is pessimistic, negative and nasty.'

That is a scary number Badger.
I had no idea and it just goes to show that the vast numbers coming here to live off our State is growing.
I wonder what the percentage of the migrant population that isn't working is compared to the rest of the UK?
I suspect that it will be higher and that would prove the point.
The government and the Tories must have known this - they are all utterly useless!

Back