• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

The markets dived and we were rated as a third rate country, she simply had to go with the chancellor of the exchequer.The alternative would have closed Britain's borrowings.
Stock markets dive, rise, dive, rise - they panic easily, but over time the rises outweigh the falls.

Stock markets dive, rise, dive, rise - they panic easily, but over time the rises outweigh the falls.
Well Liz Truss could’ve applied that sensible logic to her own economic plans. Firstly she could’ve waited for cost push inflation to return to normal levels instead of going full on copy Thatcher mode. It was incredibly naive and stupid and Sunak accurately predicted her results.

Well Liz Truss could’ve applied that sensible logic to her own economic plans. Firstly she could’ve waited for cost push inflation to return to normal levels instead of going full on copy Thatcher mode. It was incredibly naive and stupid and Sunak accurately predicted her results.
I agree, she acted too fast without garnering support and laying the groundwork. Still think the general idea was good.

One of the goals with GB Energy is to cut bills in the first term by £400 so we will see.

The 10% increase to £1717 is below last year's £1834 due to wholesale prices going up.

However the new chancellors measures are causing needless pain to poor households and bringing in very little.

Hunt or Reeves, austerity and banking is what you get.

No I didn't vote for them.

🙂

How unusual. Promises before an election and then broken promises straight after. The promises will start all over again in a couple of years. The best thing anyone can do now is not believe them at all.
I've posted before that manifestos should have legally binding elements. Otherwise we will continue with shyster politicians promising stuff they've absolutely no intention of doing.

One of the goals with GB Energy is to cut bills in the first term by £400 so we will see.

The 10% increase to £1717 is below last year's £1834 due to wholesale prices going up.

However the new chancellors measures are causing needless pain to poor households and bringing in very little.

Hunt or Reeves, austerity and banking is what you get.

No I didn't vote for them.

🙂

And they are going up by another 10% in January as well.
Pensioners will never vote Labour again whatever happens because they can now never be trusted - just for the sake of £1.4b.
Next time they will vote in their droves to ensure it as well.
Sad thing is that the UK will be wrecked by then

“We’ll freeze energy bills”

Lie

“We won’t cut pensioners’ winter fuel allowance”

Lie

“We’ll smash the gangs”

Lie

“We won’t put taxes up”

Lie

I expect the Autumn budget will contain a caring and compassionate austerity as opposed to nasty austerity.

Last edited:

Lie

Lie

“We’ll smash the gangs”

Lie

“We won’t put taxes up”

Lie

I expect the Autumn budget will contain a caring and compassionate austerity as opposed to nasty austerity.
I blame Brexit.
So they didn’t know about the “ black hole”? Dangercloses post in 17/8 shows 2TK mentioning a £40+b black hole, so what one did they not know about?

Last edited:

Lie

Lie

“We’ll smash the gangs”

Lie

“We won’t put taxes up”

Lie

And two days later...

Back