• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

Handing, erm, paying Mauritius, to take the Chagos islands under control when they’re 2,000 km away and an ally of China’s just demonstrates what a load of dangerous useful idiots we’re being ruled by. I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned on here yet.

I admit until yesterday I had never heard of the Chagos islands but I knew where Mauritius is so immediately it raised concerns of the strategic consequences of this decision without any debate or consultation with parliament whatsoever.
The UK/US are still keeping their airbase on Diego Garcia tho.

I & an awful lot of others(vets) are more worried what he's going to do with the Falklands now that Argentina have renewed their claim & want them as their own.

China will be building faciliites next door in double quick time so the air base will be totally compromised in a few years time

This 2TK is so out of sync it’s unreal.
The USA will be totally pissed off with this.
I’m sure the inhabitants won’t be over enamoured either but as in the UK
Screw them I'm in charge. The bloke is out of control and come the budget we are all getting ironed out even more.
Needs to go along with his cabinet apart ( and through gritted teeth) from 1 who today showed some balls.
Wes streeting calling out the quacks on appointments regime which is not before time I must say.

This 2TK is so out of sync it’s unreal.
The USA will be totally pissed off with this.
I’m sure the inhabitants won’t be over enamoured either but as in the UK
Screw them I'm in charge. The bloke is out of control and come the budget we are all getting ironed out even more.
Needs to go along with his cabinet apart ( and through gritted teeth) from 1 who today showed some balls.
Wes streeting calling out the quacks on appointments regime which is not before time I must say.
Ah but anyone but the Tories! How can the sum given to Mauritius be undisclosed? Taxpayers money isn’t it?

Ah but anyone but the Tories! How can the sum given to Mauritius be undisclosed? Taxpayers money isn’t it?

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but apparently it's Starmer's friend and Labour man that was hired a little while ago to help govern these islands and then suddenly we give them away!!

Boss of this shambolic, Government quits.

Who exactly will be running the show from now on???

She still has a role in government though £££.

‘In her own statement, Ms Gray said: 'I am pleased to have accepted a new role as the PM's envoy for the regions and nations.

'After leading the Labour Party's preparation for government and kickstarting work on our programme for change, I am looking forward to drawing on my experience to support the PM and the Cabinet to help deliver the Government's objectives across the nations and regions of the UK.

'In addition to building a close partnership with devolved governments, I am delighted this new role will mean continuing to work alongside and support the PM, Deputy PM, the Cabinet and the mayors on English devolution.

'It has been an honour to take on the role of Chief of Staff, and to play my part in the delivery of a Labour Government.

'Throughout my career my first interest has always been public service.

'However in recent weeks it has become clear to me that intense commentary around my position risked becoming a distraction to the Government's vital work of change.

'It is for that reason I have chosen to stand aside, and I look forward to continuing to support the PM in my new role.'’

Last edited:
They have learned one thing. Their communication with the public is shambolic.

‘James Lyons, a former journalist, will join to head up a new strategic communications team.’

She didn't quit. She was pushed into a completely new and redundant role of 'Envoy for the regions and nations'. What the heck is that?

Seems to me that Starmer thought he could shift the focus away from her, but still have her around so he can seek support on the QT.

Shambles.

She didn't quit. She was pushed into a completely new and redundant role of 'Envoy for the regions and nations'. What the heck is that?

Seems to me that Starmer thought he could shift the focus away from her, but still have her around so he can seek support on the QT.

Shambles.
New role is apparently not full time so let's see how much she gets paid. The worst thing for me is her son getting 10K from Ali pay to fund his election campaign.

Alipay is a very big online payment app in Asia, small world

They are representing no one except themselves and deserve no respect or support from anyone half decent. I suspect even their most ardent supporters are only supporting them to save face - or for personal gain. Personal gain is almost understandable: any support of this non entity for policy or other reasons is ludicrous and bordering on insanity.

Maybe they should be more concerned with the near 1000 illegals that arrived on boats yesterday and have a rethink on giving away our overseas territories, when they should be using one of them to build a huge prison/detention centre for foreign criminals and those aforementioned illegals.

Maybe they should be more concerned with the near 1000 illegals that arrived on boats yesterday and have a rethink on giving away our overseas territories, when they should be using one of them to build a huge prison/detention centre for foreign criminals and those aforementioned illegals.
Everybody was warned about Labour I guess. They’re a bit like a Corbyn government would be, but with better clothes via dodgy donations.

That's new party members - and a mini version of their great leader. Also on the take; this time from the taxpayer. Voting for Starmer was voting for the illegal immigrant half of France to try and come to the UK.

Back