• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Starmer's big secret?

Starmer and his cabinet claiming to be a paragons of virtue has a lot to do with the flack he’s getting from the press, the public AND Labour Party activists. It’s also at a time when he’s going to potentially freeze to death pensioners struggling to live on about £13,000 a year and if you go £1 over the threshold, zero WFA you get. Then there’s the ridiculous ONLINE pension credit application with 243 questions, including many that have nothing to do circumstances that mean they should qualify.

The Labour Party these days and now government just want to represent any minority going regardless, with very little interest in anyone else.
for balance the pension went up by £900 in April and fuel prices are lower than they were this time last year.
The winter fuel payment is £200 for under 75s and £300 for over 75s. Hardly a king's ransom.
It isn't a great policy and will save little money but currently every pensioner gets it, even if they live aboard. Supposedly 27% of pensioners live in a household with assets (including their house) of £1m plus.

Also supposedly c4k pension excess deaths are reported every winter. Where was your outrage last year, or the year before?

Apparently there is a big secret about two tier Keir Stalin that is threatening to come out in the next week to ten days! But what is it?

Isabel Oxshott said on Talk Radio that journo's and people in Westminster have been talking about it for a while but no one has said it out loud.

She alluded that his family is rumoured to not be 'his family' in that they are a front.

Personally, I think it may have something to do with his "friend" Lord Ali but I'm not gonna say what on here!
are we back at school? The guy has a friend who happens to be gay, so by association he must be gay too despite being married and having 2 kids.

Oakeshott (let's get her name right) is a right wing 'rent a gob' who is shagging Richard Tice. She will know nothing personally about Starmer.

The 'story' is pathetic

for balance the pension went up by £900 in April and fuel prices are lower than they were this time last year.
The winter fuel payment is £200 for under 75s and £300 for over 75s. Hardly a king's ransom.
It isn't a great policy and will save little money but currently every pensioner gets it, even if they live aboard. Supposedly 27% of pensioners live in a household with assets (including their house) of £1m plus.

Also supposedly c4k pension excess deaths are reported every winter. Where was your outrage last year, or the year before?
I don't think there would be any objections to Mean Testing the winter fuel payment.

Starmer could have bought himself some time by at least trying to do that rather than just cut off those that it genuinely makes a difference to.

And your house is only an asset if you choose to sell it and it has equity in it. Of course it's possible to take out an equity release loan, but that it a personal decision and not one that everyone wants to make - I certainly don't.

This is a mealy mouthed decision that is made even worse in the light of all the freebies Starmer and Co have been accepting.

His standing both with the general public and those that voted for him has suffered accordingly and quite rightly so.

are we back at school? The guy has a friend who happens to be gay, so by association he must be gay too despite being married and having 2 kids.

Oakeshott (let's get her name right) is a right wing 'rent a gob' who is shagging Richard Tice. She will know nothing personally about Starmer.

The 'story' is pathetic
I wouldn't have any issue with Starmer being gay if it turned out to be true.

The issue then would be around why he wasn't open and honest about it - would it not ?

The issue then would be around why he wasn't open and honest about it - would it not ?
Not only that but the man he would be allegedly having the affair with has been giving many donations and received a pass to Downing Street. How, why, and what for? We’d have discovered 2 of the answers but not yet what he wanted the Downing Street pass for. His position as PM would become untenable.

Add to that his son has been staying at his flat while either his wife knew about the affair or not. Both are bad.

It wouldn't be that much of a shock. A load of his cabinet are gay.

The trouble is that, rightly or wrongly, it casts suspicion on motives for decision making.

Wes Streeting and who else? Oh Angela Eagle, the most boring sounding politician for some time.
Who knows for sure? Just because some of these people are married doesn't mean they aren't gay or bisexual.

I had Jonathan Ashworth down as a likely candidate, and he is married. He is now also without a seat.

A repulsive little man if ever I saw one. The electorate seemed to agree.

Being gay is not an issue in itself. Being a gay politician is problematic, since the majority of people aren't gay. It's a question of public perception. It could be construed that one minority favours other minorities and minority causes over the majority. It could play into suspicion over policy making and potential favouritism.

All of this is pure speculation of course.

Who knows for sure? Just because some of these people are married doesn't mean they aren't gay or bisexual.

I had Jonathan Ashworth down as a likely candidate, and he is married. He is now also without a seat.

A repulsive little man if ever I saw one. The electorate seemed to agree.

Being gay is not an issue in itself. Being a gay politician is problematic, since the majority of people aren't gay. It's a question of public perception. It could be construed that one minority favours other minorities and minority causes over the majority. It could play into suspicion over policy making and potential favouritism.

All of this is pure speculation of course.
Forget the party of the people or working people. Labour is now a party for minorities, whatever they are. That is one of their biggest problems. Oh, and ours.

Back