• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Is the club defrauding loyal supporters?

I had this problem when trying for Liverpool.Logged on at 10.01 for seats in block F old stand ( I used to have season ticket there, so meet old acquaintances).None available, so looked for seats in Arthur.This was at 10.02 and no seats together for myself and son.What is the point of a gold membership if we are being pushed out as genuine fans.
Also had problem for Man U,3 tickets in basket, by the time I’d entered bank details the seats had gone.
But if you look on livefootballtickets. Com you will find 459 tickets priced at £96 each for Man U,and 219 for Liverpool priced at £135 and 458 for spurs game?then there’s fanpass.co.uk who hold more than 100 for Man U game from £98.
The club need to help fans who have bought membership to attend games because this is becoming a problem now.
I have tried within microseconds of them becoming available with no joy!

Am back from the match and outraged. Me and my dad have 2 season tickets in H block of main stand (same seats for 30+years). Have also purchased 2 Season Ticket Plus memberships for the season (And last season ) should we want to take other family members. In front of our tickets is a row of 6 seats which always have different folk in. These seats are always impossible to obtain even with logging in as soon as available with early memberships. Virtually nothing at all available almost immediately
So today I asked the folks sitting in these seats how they got them. Well well well, they had purchased them directly from Ticketmaster at £200 a go. What is the point of Gold memberships and season ticket plus if this is happening. In fact I would go as far as saying anyone who has purchased these memberships is being defrauded by the club. Am really f%$king outraged.

Report this matter to CPISA on info@CPISA.co.uk we will report it to the club and find out if they know anything about it. It may be that the season ticket holder that owns the seat is selling the seats on Ticketmaster themselves. Don't understand why Ticketmaster would accept them when they have a contract with the club. We already work with the club on this and they have done a lot of work on touting. Some companies are registered abroad so can't be traced. A lot of aseason ticket holders have been warned and subsiquently lost their season tickets. Obviously some way to go yet!!

It may also be that some season ticket holders who are selling seats directly & telling anyone that buys them, "if anyone asks just say you bought the tickets from Ticketmaster" as a way to muddy the water -
In any event once the seat numbers are known & CPISA report it to the club there will be some clarity in whats actually going on.

If the genuine price people who use these sites are willing to pay for tickets is in the range £60 - £200, and season tickets are effectively £33 a game, and every game is sold out, what do you think will the club do next? It certainly won’t be restricting sales through the ticket sites.

This is also happening in A and B of the main stand. These tickets go to Ticketmaster who sell to tourists, if they are not taken up they go back on sale to Members via the resale site.
This was happening before Ticketmaster got involved and there were always empty seats in areas of the Main Stand in sell out games.

I would like the club to look into why when tickets go on sale at 10am they are all gone in 1 minute for people trying to buy 2 together for some games.
This has happened for me for Man U, Liverpool and spurs games.

Yes the club is selling tickets via Ticketmaster as does every organisation (other ticket sellers are available).It's a fact of life being in the top divisions of one of the worlds most popular leagues.

You go to any city with a big club and you can buy tickets.

If you don't like it tough the tickets are the clubs to sell how they are fit.

But saying all that if these are season ticket holders who are reselling that needs locking at.

Yes the club is selling tickets via Ticketmaster as does every organisation (other ticket sellers are available).It's a fact of life being in the top divisions of one of the worlds most popular leagues.

You go to any city with a big club and you can buy tickets.

If you don't like it tough the tickets are the clubs to sell how they are fit.

But saying all that if these are season ticket holders who are reselling that needs locking at.
I think the point being made is not that the club are using Ticketmaster but what is the point of paying the club for Membership when it is simply not possible to buy two tickets together for most games no matter how early you get on line? It isn't really defrauding but it isn't fair on genuine supporters.

Are these tickets those that season ticket holders have thrown to the club for resale if they can’t make a game?
If that’s the case then don’t do that - flog them to a mate for the price the club will give you or flog them on here.

The club are not defrauding season ticket holders. CPISA took up this subject with CPFC some time ago and showed them a long list of football ticket sites that had tickets for Palace matches available. The club did some work and warned some season ticket holders that if they sold their seats on ticket sites they could lose their season tickets and some now have for this season.
However some of these season tickets are known to be foreign owned so are more difficult to trace. There are even some tickets on some sites regularly available for sale in the away end!
However there are no Palace tickets for sale on Ticketmaster UK, they do not I believe sell any Premiership football tickets.
The club have have a high take up of memberships (International and Gold) therefore when tickets become available they are always in short supply.
CPISA will continue to question the club over ticketing, ticket windows and ticket allocations.

So if I can’t make a game and I flog my seat via the club it will always be offered to a member or other season ticket holder first will it? This is important as I have avoided doing this again since they gave me a s*** price and then only let me take the cash in December rather than September when I sold it. Why they kept my money that long I don’t know. (Or rather I do).

Yes but they are not going to gold members, they are disappearing within seconds of going on sale .
I as a gold member cannot buy 2 tickets together within 1 minute of them going on sale.

Yes but they are not going to gold members, they are disappearing within seconds of going on sale .
I as a gold member cannot buy 2 tickets together within 1 minute of them going on sale.
Yeah but you do get a nice mug, coaster and droning tube for your sixty quid...…we are being well and truly mugged off!

My sister wanted to attend her first Palace match a little while ago. I do not buy online and use the Box Office. Like it is being reported two together was not available. Gave up my Holmesdale Upper Ticket and bought two Whitehorse Lane Stand tickets separated by two season ticket holders. Using charm on the match day, I managed to get a swap so sister and I could sit together.
Building the fanbase will be helped by ST holders being able to introduce family and friends to the Selhurst Park Stands, and there is therefore a need at first release time for each qualification level for ST holders to be able to book seats together, with purchase taking place either at the holder's level or a lower level down.
It has interested me to read of the prices that rare visitors to matches are willing to pay. Certainly the people selling matchday (half and half) scarves indicate to me that attending a football match as a visitor attracts many people, with overflowing wallets. Could the Women and Under 21s matches be more actively offered (the standard will be good) to possibly free up more seats on first team matchdays?

My sister wanted to attend her first Palace match a little while ago. I do not buy online and use the Box Office. Like it is being reported two together was not available. Gave up my Holmesdale Upper Ticket and bought two Whitehorse Lane Stand tickets separated by two season ticket holders. Using charm on the match day, I managed to get a swap so sister and I could sit together.
Building the fanbase will be helped by ST holders being able to introduce family and friends to the Selhurst Park Stands, and there is therefore a need at first release time for each qualification level for ST holders to be able to book seats together, with purchase taking place either at the holder's level or a lower level down.
It has interested me to read of the prices that rare visitors to matches are willing to pay. Certainly the people selling matchday (half and half) scarves indicate to me that attending a football match as a visitor attracts many people, with overflowing wallets. Could the Women and Under 21s matches be more actively offered (the standard will be good) to possibly free up more seats on first team matchdays?
Look at the matches that are immediately sold out and realise one thing. The tourists aren't here to see Palace - they're here for Man U, Liverpool etc. I don't believe you'll have the same issue for the Bournemouth game for example.
When I go over to games and sit in the Arthur, it's obvious that the fans around me are maybe at most fifty percent Palace. The rest just stay quiet.

And that’s my concern. If I can’t make it and sell it back to the club I’d expect my season tickets to go to members and therefore proper fans, first. I wouldn’t expect them to be flogged to the highest bidder. If that is happening I will simply advertise them on here, to members, at cost. The club make enough money out of fans so I don’t expect them to make more out of seats I’ve already paid for.

Look at the matches that are immediately sold out and realise one thing. The tourists aren't here to see Palace - they're here for Man U, Liverpool etc. I don't believe you'll have the same issue for the Bournemouth game for example.
When I go over to games and sit in the Arthur, it's obvious that the fans around me are maybe at most fifty percent Palace. The rest just stay quiet.
We do get the same problem at a Bournemouth type match, some ticket pur chasing algorithm is quicker than our fingers...we might eventually manage to get tickets through the resale site and when we get to the game find groups of empty seats around us that whoever controls these tickets can't sell. The ones not empty tend to be occupied by foreign tourists.
This is Main Stand A,B and H and some parts of the Arthur.

The club are not defrauding season ticket holders. CPISA took up this subject with CPFC some time ago and showed them a long list of football ticket sites that had tickets for Palace matches available. The club did some work and warned some season ticket holders that if they sold their seats on ticket sites they could lose their season tickets and some now have for this season.
However some of these season tickets are known to be foreign owned so are more difficult to trace. There are even some tickets on some sites regularly available for sale in the away end!
However there are no Palace tickets for sale on Ticketmaster UK, they do not I believe sell any Premiership football tickets.
The club have have a high take up of memberships (International and Gold) therefore when tickets become available they are always in short supply.
CPISA will continue to question the club over ticketing, ticket windows and ticket allocations.

I don't understand how season tickets bought by foreign "fans" are harder to trace. Surely they have the seat number and name of a person who bought them. Therefore they can contact them or give notice that ticket will be cancelled if they keep selling online.

And that’s my concern. If I can’t make it and sell it back to the club I’d expect my season tickets to go to members and therefore proper fans, first. I wouldn’t expect them to be flogged to the highest bidder. If that is happening I will simply advertise them on here, to members, at cost. The club make enough money out of fans so I don’t expect them to make more out of seats I’ve already paid for.
Good idea - just check their length of membership & posting history - that will tell you if they are 'proper' fans, as we do get a lot of people just signing up to post for tickets.......

Back