• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Franca injured

A mate of mine , out on the lash, gets back to his hotel room , unfamiliar surroundings, rolls over & falls out of bed in the middle of the night, lands face down, took most of his weight on his chest & broke several ribs in the process.
Not the best way to sober up I suppose.

Shame he’s done his ribs, would’ve been an ideal game to give him a run out this evening versus Norwich.

Unfortunately in his very brief appearances I don't think I've seen him beat his man one-on-one, which is not an encouraging sign.
The same can be said of the Japanese lad, Kamada.
We need to get back to real Palace players, who can dribble past opponents like Zaha, Bolasie, Olise.

Unfortunately in his very brief appearances I don't think I've seen him beat his man one-on-one, which is not an encouraging sign.
We need to get back to real Palace players, who can dribble past opponents like Zaha, Bolasie, Olise.
add to that list Routledge, Taylor, Sansom and Rogers. Salako used to whip crosses in once he got half a yard. Franca shows promise but does look a bit lightweight - my intuition/vibes are a bit negative, I can't really envisage him developing into a first XI player, but I'd love to be wrong.

Bit unfair i think, Created a goal, won a penalty. i think he will be very good if he can get fit, but unfortunately that is a big if, says potential return, 14th Sept, hope so.

Came on and made an impact against Burnley in OG first game in charge.

Never looked like a winger to me so I’m still hoping he can make an impact in this formation

Quite honestly I’ve seen enough and think we should offload him and cut our losses.i don’t think I’ve ever heard of a player breaking his ribs before. More than bizarre

Wasn't unheard of at my old club. Must be said however, that is my old Boxing Club.

Agree with offloading him but probably another where £5mil would be generous. I don't blame him personally. I think he's another one who was bought purely off of a scouting report but without any actual plan for his development/place here.

I saw enough in him that would suggest he can make a decent contribution to the club (might even be a great contribution)
Injuries have been unconnected which would suggest he has been unlucky but he is a young lad and should be given time and I look forward to his return in a month or so . On the plus side it gives his groin injury extra time to mend so he should be able to put that one to bed .

It may be a little early to compare Franca to Nathan Ferguson. John Terry, Virgil Van Dijk, Shane Long and Palace's Adlene Guedioura have all suffered broken ribs so it's not unheard of, if fairly uncommon. I'd be more concerned if it was a knee or ankle injury which could have longer lasting effects.

Well Kamada has already scored one goal and one assist in one and two half’s games. I think he’s doing pretty well so far considering he’s adjusting to English football.

Can’t believe there are people on here suggesting we cut our losses and ditch him. Give the lad a chance. He had one man of the match performance then sustained a groin injury requiring surgery. As regards the broken rib, we don’t even know what happened. Maybe he collided with the goal posts in training or Chubby Doucoure fell on him. Either way it’s hardly evidence that he’s injury prone and certainly not in the Ferguson category. Remember Eze’s achilles injury and set backs during his recovery.

Says in training. Perhaps he upset somebody.
I do have a bad feeling about this signing. Seems to have been Textor inspired. So the best hope is that we sell him to Everton. I'm not expecting him to start this season. Cameo's off the bench, fitness permitting.
It's a bit ominous. He's obviously a kid with great potential but he will only achieve that if he stays injury free. Both he and the club have to stay patient and keep their resolve👏

He did it on at least two occasions against the toughest opponents of all at the Etihad. Indeed, on one occasion he dribbled his way past 3 Citeh players before passing to a team mate (on another the third player stopped him but he got past the first two).

He did it on at least two occasions against the toughest opponents of all at the Etihad. Indeed, on one occasion he dribbled his way past 3 Citeh players before passing to a team mate (on another the third player stopped him but he got past the first two).

I'd completely forgotten about that cameo!

I think that was the one glimpse and instance where I thought 'Hang on, perhaps there is a player there'.

Back