We’ve got two very decent loan centre half’s and Tomiyasu is a very solid player albeit perennially injured. Disasi obviously suspended and Ahanor was I think an improvement to the back 3 when he came on.
Yes we should have spent some dosh on a decent player, however the one we wanted was injured. The problem in the first half today was the massive gaps between wing backs and CHs and the willingness to gift the far post to the opposition.
England
England
I think disasi spell check 💁The defense is a patched up piece of work but I think that was the best we could come up with after losing Max and Marc. Probably have a list of people we would like but if none were available a few loanees is likely the best we could do. Far preferable to spending big money on a panic buy for a player we do not really rate just to have someone we hope will somehow work out. We have done that too often in the past and it rarely ends well.
So we will probably have to soldier on with what we have and perhaps upgrade in January.
England
We got the loanees because none of the many centre back targets wanted to come to Palace. It’s not like buying a player from the supermarket. There is big money available for the next window if we can locate a top quality CB whose club is prepared to release them, the player wants to come, their agent is happy and their family is prepared to move. All these factors come into play.I agree - Parish has let Sage down..!! Everyone can see defence is our problem - you cannot replace Guehi and Lacroix with two loanees.
We needed and still need at least one real quality centre half if not 2..!!
It’s as plain as the nose on your face..
Brighton all day long for me , long history , battle of the park at goldstone ground , I showed same emotion today but if Mary knackers F off I will remember the cloughie days again 🦅🦅Enjoy. There are two types of Palace post match drinks, despair and delight, today is the latter of the two and I can’t think of a better team to have got the result against.
Forget Brighton this is our new scrap and I really enjoyed that win.
"I bet I'd get a yellow card"On a side note, anyone know what Pino had written on his shirt when he scored?
and 4 points from the relegation spots. Happy daysOnly 3 points off champions league place.
"A waffer thin mint sir?""I bet I'd get a yellow card"
Cyprus
I'll put my hands up and admit I was a tad premature. I'm still not convinced by Sage but have to admit he sorted us out today.We could win the league and some people would still want Sage gone! The Forest goal and most of their other chances came from our sloppy play, giving away the ball and leaving Forest unmarked on set pieces. None of that is down to Sage. Now watch how he sets them up in the second half.
Totally. And we brought in 5 centre backs (including Chilwell and Mingueza). None of them were of the quality that we need long term (except maybe Abhanor but he is already well outside of our budget) but this is not Parish’s fault, it’s all that were available to us this summer.We got the loanees because none of the many centre back targets wanted to come to Palace. It’s not like buying a player from the supermarket. There is big money available for the next window if we can locate a top quality CB whose club is prepared to release them, the player wants to come, their agent is happy and their family is prepared to move. All these factors come into play.
England
England
12th place no less.and 4 points from the relegation spots. Happy days
Gosh I hadn't even considered a fit Doucoure back in the mix too. Such has the impact of Timber been, I suppose. It's really quite exciting.12th place no less.
Obviously a big change in emphasis. We've gone from relying on 2 goal scorers to (almost) everyone coming up with a goal.
Really like Timber and think he's Premier League quality. Reminds me a bit of Conor Gallagher - with all the associated pluses and minuses.
If Dacoure can come back and play to say 90% of the standard he was at, I think it would be fascinating to see how he goes with Wharton... we just need an old fashioned Defensive Midfielder and I think we could have a damn good team.
Also Jeremy is really starting to be consistently good now too.
So pleased to get a win after the 3 week break (almost feels like the first game of the season!).
England
Thus far I see nothing in Khalaili that has merited his transfer fee, defensively very poor and that is where he is stationed on the pitch so... On the other hand to have him and Richards on the same side of the pitch is inviting trouble - the one stymies the other: Khalaili wants to get forward and Richards doesn't want to leave the security of the 18 yard line lest he get done for pace. Maybe there's hope that they'll discover some understanding between them as to when to stay and when to go but it's notable how much the opposition exploit their respective weaknesses.Just sat down at last after my first visit of the season to Selhurst.
Yes we were very lucky in the 1st half, but I thought we were quite bright for the first 10 minutes, apart from gifting them a goal. But we started drowning in basic errors, mainly in our own half, and suddenly our confidence seemed completely shot. I thought it was a question of individual mistakes, rather than being tactically clueless, but it was constant and appalling, and ended up with one of the worst halves of football from Palace that I can remember for years.
It should have been 0-3 by the time we scored. Second half was quite even. But let's take the positives. Benitez MoM surely. In the 2nd half both Wharton and Timber were excellent, after dodgy first halves. Personally I thought Lerma did well and should be one of our first choice back 3. Mitchell is always just about the best defender on the pitch. Pino is a talent, but needs more work on his strength. I was delighted to see how keen McNeill was when he came on too, although he didn't have too much to do. And generally we do pose a threat when we are going forward.
On the down-side Khallaili was vulnerable, though he did some good things and he is young and could grow into a good player. I like Richards but he is regularly exposed for pace and when anyone runs at him.
Veneto
Gosh I hadn't even considered a fit Doucoure back in the mix too. Such has the impact of Timber been, I suppose. It's really quite exciting.
Scotland
And we s*** up both their alleys. Sometimes life is good and this is as good as it gets.Darren England don't believe we can score or Marinakis might have phoned him to VAR check every goal we scored.
England
Was this your 1st Palace match ?Easily the most amateurish display not just by Palace but by any Premiership team EVER.