• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Your first Palace game live?

Supported Palace since I was 5, around 1969, but wasn’t allows to go to a game until 1975 against Swindon which we won 6-2.
I think it was Don Rogers’ last ever game for us. Sat at the back of the Arthur in the seats.

Supported Palace since I was 5, around 1969, but wasn’t allows to go to a game until 1975 against Swindon which we won 6-2.
I think it was Don Rogers’ last ever game for us. Sat at the back of the Arthur in the seats.
That was 1974 Hrolf. If you were at the Holmesdale end of the Arthur I was in front of you.

6 Nov 2004 Crystal Palace 1 Arsenal 1.

Was only 14 at the time and then ended up getting a half year season ticket that Christmas and never looked back.

Good morning to everyone.
Just joined forum after years of observing.
My 1st match was 1-0 wind oner Blackburn I think it was October time. Kñow the year was 1968. Stood on the mud back on the Holmsdale. That was before the Arthur Wait was built so just open terrce on 3 sides. Happy days.
I have lived in Cyprus since Jan 2013 so not seen them in prem much but got to last FA cup semi final and final just to remind me what a great club I have supported all my life.

1967 age 13. I think it was home v QPR around October. Just remember Alan Stephenson was playing in centre of defence and being very impressed with his play. Was upset when he was sold to West Ham early in the new year. The start of many times of being upset when star players were sold off, often cheaply! Stood half way up on the Holmesdale when there was a grass bank at the higher section and before the AW stand was built.

Anyway, got hooked by this first match experience and saw most home games that season then every home and many away games in the next (1968/1969) promotion season.

Then had standing season ticket in the newly-built Arthur Waite stand for 1968/69 and got there very early for the famous first match in the top division v Man United’s all star team, hardly believing little old Palace could match them and achieve a 2-2 draw. So many ups and downs in the rollercoaster ride that following this great club has provided since!

Excellent first game if not result!!

I was there, absolute mayhem wasn’t it
Yes also there. After the intense disappointment of the semi final loss in 1976, I really thought 1981 was the year to finally win something, only for another hard to take defeat, especially with Allen scoring. The other abiding memory (I think I’m correct) was the game was played on an artificial pitch and the ball bounced massively off the surface, making it difficult to control

Yes also there. After the intense disappointment of the semi final loss in 1976, I really thought 1981 was the year to finally win something, only for another hard to take defeat, especially with Allen scoring. The other abiding memory (I think I’m correct) was the game was played on an artificial pitch and the ball bounced massively off the surface, making it difficult to control
annoying but hereyou go.

It was gutting because I only missed two away games all season and in the league it was terrible, the team of the 80’s was falling apart and there was only about 50 to 100 of us travelling to most games depending how far and it was really bleak, so it was great to take that much support to QPR and be part of such a brilliant atmosphere. A cup quarter final was massive back then for the likes of us

West Ham at Selhurst 1978
Finished 1-1
I'll never forget the first time I heard a crowd-goal-roar.
Billy Gilbert blasting in our one from the edge of the box after a corner, if memory serves me well.

West Ham at Selhurst 1978
Finished 1-1
I'll never forget the first time I heard a crowd-goal-roar.
Billy Gilbert blasting in our one from the edge of the box after a corner, if memory serves me well.
You remember right, Billy Gilbert was my hero and I remember that goal so well, I think he scored a similar v Bolton

Back