• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

UK ‘needs £1tn investment over 10 years to hit economic targets’​

To achieve 3% annual growth, £100bn a year must be found for key sectors like housing and energy, City taskforce finds.

Are British OAPs up to the task? Clearly the new government thinks so.

😎

To achieve 3% annual growth, £100bn a year must be found for key sectors like housing and energy, City taskforce finds.

😎
I'll hold my hand up and say, "No. I'm not". If I could've raised dosh like that I'd have done it decades ago.

VAT on drug deals?
"Tax" as a crime term for drug dealers/gangs basically means going with weapons and taking everything from them. Up to and including their lives.
If we took the foreign criminals' assets, one can only imagine the billions that would be.
Anyway, Starmer's going to smash the gangs so watch this space. Unless by smash he means like I would Kylie.

"Tax" as a crime term for drug dealers/gangs basically means going with weapons and taking everything from them. Up to and including their lives.
If we took the foreign criminals' assets, one can only imagine the billions that would be.
Anyway, Starmer's going to smash the gangs so watch this space. Unless by smash he means like I would Kylie.

Indeed.
I believe your aspiration as regards Ms Minogue was the subject of the popular periodical Smash Hits?

Indeed.
I believe your aspiration as regards Ms Minogue was the subject of the popular periodical Smash Hits?
To be fair, I preferred Danni - just couldn't quite remember how to spell her name. Also, think she may have a health condition which might make my ambitions a little spurious. But that's just off the top of my head.
There were certainly many hits that I wanted to smash - I was also partial to a bit of Kim Wilde and Blondie plus the odd page three girl - as were we all no doubt.
We may as well go off topic as the government have, in fact, achieved nothing and are basically saying it's impossible to achieve anything - because of Tories. Just a huge surprise to us all, I guess.
It's not already wearing thin on anyone.

😎
"Labour's tax raid on UK oil and gas companies will drive investment overseas and cost the country £13bn, new analysis suggests." Well done useful idiot Ed Miliband!

"Labour's tax raid on UK oil and gas companies will drive investment overseas and cost the country £13bn, new analysis suggests." Well done useful idiot Ed Miliband!

They can only tax the uk related bits so not any where near this figure. Maybe they need a Texas TI 30 calculator. The LED one I had at school trying to get sums to make a word on the screen upside down 😂

£9 billion of the £22 billion black hole is of their own making. Well who knew?

What's funny about 9 billion or 22 billion is that if the government were to add it to existing debts, then it would be like my teenage son asking me for a tenner.

What's funny about 9 billion or 22 billion is that if the government were to add it to existing debts, then it would be like my teenage son asking me for a tenner.
An attempt to get OAP’s to take it on the chin for what it isn’t. If they continue looking after only those they value, the penny might drop for many in the country.

Starmer thinks the only answer to the far right is to improve living standards and public services. He just won’t consider that people just don’t want more and more immigration. The typical view that people look for someone to blame when times are hard.

In fairness, it's the kind of thing genuine Labour supporters want to hear. Of course, we'll never get the philosopher's stone of a pause in immigration and an increase in public services. If we asked Starmer, the two would not be linked. Which would not be gaslighting us at all.

In fairness, it's the kind of thing genuine Labour supporters want to hear. Of course, we'll never get the philosopher's stone of a pause in immigration and an increase in public services. If we asked Starmer, the two would not be linked. Which would not be gaslighting us at all.
The Labour red wall in the North might disagree with that.

The home building plans by the government won’t even cover the amount of immigration, let alone the demand from younger British people unable to move out of home or buy a property, so no, he won’t be able to address the living standards problem, which might, for some, address concerns about immigration. It doesn’t stack up and make sense.

The ‘scatter plan’ will get really interesting.

Back