• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

You just disagree with everything for some kind of interest or challenge, only you’re nearly always wrong, especially here. You keep going on about deterring others to commit the same crime, yet not for nonces. What is it about nonces you’re willing to protect? And don’t just waffle on about different crimes and sentencing guidelines. Recognise the need to deter. You did for right wing dissenters, why not nonces?
Of course there is a need to deter. That’s not in question. The question is what is the most effective way to do it?

That’s why we ask experts to make studies, produce recommendations and issue guidelines.

Perhaps though we should save the country a load of money and just make policy after reading the comments here.

We would sink all the small boats full of migrants, send everyone not born here, or having a relative not born here, or holding unacceptable beliefs, with a one way ticket to somewhere unpleasant. We would lock “nonces” up and throw away the key. Immediately stop foreign aid and all support for Ukraine. Ban all protests unless approved by the members here. Etc.

Of course there is a need to deter. That’s not in question. The question is what is the most effective way to do it?

That’s why we ask experts to make studies, produce recommendations and issue guidelines.

Perhaps though we should save the country a load of money and just make policy after reading the comments here.

We would sink all the small boats full of migrants, send everyone not born here, or having a relative not born here, or holding unacceptable beliefs, with a one way ticket to somewhere unpleasant. We would lock “nonces” up and throw away the key. Immediately stop foreign aid and all support for Ukraine. Ban all protests unless approved by the members here. Etc.
That would be a start.

We’re a soft touch and here to be taken advantage of. It’s been happening for too long. Even this new boarder commander fella seems to think so. Smashing the gangs won’t work. What needs to happen is we need to reduce demand for dinghy gangs by turning people off the idea of trying. Turning off the supply of boats won’t work.

People with unacceptable beliefs who are a threat should be deported, you’re correct. We should take a lot of lessons from Australia’s border force. We’d be better off and safer for it.

Because he won't like it if you're more of an expert than he is . . . 🙂
I would be very surprised if anyone here is an expert in this area.

There are experts here to whom I readily defer whenever a subject in their area comes up.

Whilst I would hesitate to describe myself as an expert, I do have some relevant knowledge in the areas where I used to work, which wasn't the law.

That would be a start.

We’re a soft touch and here to be taken advantage of. It’s been happening for too long. Even this new boarder commander fella seems to think so. Smashing the gangs won’t work. What needs to happen is we need to reduce demand for dinghy gangs by turning people off the idea of trying. Turning off the supply of boats won’t work.

People with unacceptable beliefs who are a threat should be deported, you’re correct. We should take a lot of lessons from Australia’s border force. We’d be better off and safer for it.
These are just bar room solutions to very complex problems.

Back