• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Rob Holding Training Alone

Glasner is very big on harmony in the squad. I doubt he would make him train alone unless he’s said something or done something he shouldn’t have. Perhaps he believes he’s a better centre back than Clyne

Glasner is very big on harmony in the squad. I doubt he would make him train alone unless he’s said something or done something he shouldn’t have. Perhaps he believes he’s a better centre back than Clyne

Maybe he’s one of these bad apples you hear about in squads, causes a lot of disruption if they’re not getting their own way

True - we're just speculating. For all we know he could have started a fight (seems relatively likely). Or not turned up to pre-season on time, or turned up drunk or unfit or something.
However, I doubt he'd be like it if he were a regular starter. We need to get rid quick by the sounds of it.

Possibly he plays too aggressively in training if he feels he's being overlooked. Dangerous? Pure speculation, of course.

Holding's problem could be anything. He might not be putting in enough effort, being disruptive, putting himself about and injuring others as it's been mentioned. Questioning methods, turning up late.
Who knows, but he has certainly seen his ranking drop as Palace bring in more central defenders and also prefer to play other players as makeshift central defenders instead of him. Holding now ranked behind Guehi, Chalobah, Lacroix, Richards, Riad, Lerma and Ward, so possibly now our 8th choice centreback?
Didn't really get a look in before, got absolutely no chance now.
So has he decided to throw his toys out? Someone said he might play against QPR, where on the wing? No, Holding is only going to another club but only after he has cleared the air with OG.

Holding's problem could be anything. He might not be putting in enough effort, being disruptive, putting himself about and injuring others as it's been mentioned. Questioning methods, turning up late.
Who knows, but he has certainly seen his ranking drop as Palace bring in more central defenders and also prefer to play other players as makeshift central defenders instead of him. Holding now ranked behind Guehi, Chalobah, Lacroix, Richards, Riad, Lerma and Ward, so possibly now our 8th choice centreback?
Didn't really get a look in before, got absolutely no chance now.
So has he decided to throw his toys out? Someone said he might play against QPR, where on the wing? No, Holding is only going to another club but only after he has cleared the air with OG.
And Clyne! So, 9th choice.

Depends how far back you are going. Jim Cannon => Ian Wright has been doing the rounds lately on social media.
I know the one - I've heard Wright talk about it before. Still, I'd expect that from Jim and also expect to hear about it all the time from the current Wright.
I was talking about an incident where I think it was Roy but could have been Vieira. Off the top of my head, Zaha had to sort some trouble where somebody like Mateta was going in hard on youngsters like Rak-Sakyi. But can't actually remember if it were that.

I recall back in the 80s, Wrexham striker Ian Edwards clashed with Jim Cannon at Selhurst Park to the extent that Edwards suffered a facial injury, I believe to his nose.

After the game they were both in the lounge and Edwards was giving Cannon a look which suggested he was boiling with enmity hot as a deep-fat fryer. Not long after, Edwards joined our club and Cannon was his teammate !!

I remember reading Holding was a popular member of the squad at Arsenal. He was an exceptionally talented footballer before his injury. By now he has lost pace because of it and is seriously short of game time. Coming to Palace would as it turned out have given him the chance to address the latter had he not been injured again. Who can say how good or bad a bargain he might have otherwise turned out to be? By now he really really needs to go somewhere he can play every week. As pointed out above the market's still open a few days longer in Turkey, which, strangely, was mentioned in the earliest rumours about finding him a loan. There might be truth (I hope there is tbh) in clickbait rumours that we are looking at free agents for another left wing back. Hopefully Holding's about to go on loan to make room for Telles (I saw mentioned) or another backup to Tyrick.

Depends how far back you are going. Jim Cannon => Ian Wright has been doing the rounds lately on social media.
Yeah that's an old story.

To give it some perspective, when Vince Hilaire was breaking into the first team at Palace, he had nothing but good to say about Jim. Vince was a quiet, humble kid that probably had a bit of what today is identified as Imposter Syndrome.

Unlike the gobby, super confident Wright that probably needed putting in his place.

I recall back in the 80s, Wrexham striker Ian Edwards clashed with Jim Cannon at Selhurst Park to the extent that Edwards suffered a facial injury, I believe to his nose.

After the game they were both in the lounge and Edwards was giving Cannon a look which suggested he was boiling with enmity hot as a deep-fat fryer. Not long after, Edwards joined our club and Cannon was his teammate !!

Ian Edward’s is sort of a club legend if you can be classed as a legend for one important goal. That goal v Burnley that stopped us slipping back into division 3

Yeah that's an old story.

To give it some perspective, when Vince Hilaire was breaking into the first team at Palace, he had nothing but good to say about Jim. Vince was a quiet, humble kid that probably had a bit of what today is identified as Imposter Syndrome.

Unlike the gobby, super confident Wright that probably needed putting in his place.

Much as I loved Wrighty, you can just imagine that to be true.
Once Jim Cannon started growling at you, you knew you were in trouble 😎

Back