• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Rayan Cherki

There is nothing wrong with a bad attitude, Wilf made a career of it.

Never was difficult to manage and always gave 100% for Palace.

Yes, he used to throw his toys out of his pram on the pitch when kicked up in the air for the umpteenth time or throw his arms up in frustration when he didn't receive the ball. But, he used to chase back and work hard, apparently gave rousing speeches in the dressing room and drag what was a poor team at times over the line in certain games.

Never hear a bad word from other players about him. So I wouldn't say he had a poor attitude and was worth the admission fee alone to watch him at his best terrorising defenders at times!

Then he will only be kept for a season. But our need for immediate LWB support is acute.
Most likely going to Southampton anyway. He is a better fit for a relegation candidate.

We do need LWB cover, but what we need most is a winger to replace Olise.
That is where our focus should be on the last day. Kamada and Sarr with their qualities are not going to be enough.

.....but what we need most is a winger to replace Olise.
That is where our focus should be on the last day. Kamada and Sarr with their qualities are not going to be enough.
Olise is irreplaceable without spending even more than the £50million we got for him. Who do you suggest we should buy?

Olise is irreplaceable without spending even more than the £50million we got for him. Who do you suggest we should buy?
That is what Dougie Freedman gets paid to find out.

Ask him.

Such a replacement doesn't exist, and neither does £50million plus. Dougie did his job buying him for £7million in the first place.
Another expert.

Firstly, we don't need to spend £50 million. You have just said as much. A contradiction in your first sentence is never a good start.

Finding replacements is a job that requires research and discussions. Have you made an in depth survey of all available players?

I doubt it.

I would have expected the club to find a similar player since that formula was so successful at the end of last season. Sarr and Kamada don't fit that profile. Olise has become an elite level player, but he wasn't when he signed for us. He was just a prospect. We need another similar prospect.

I suspect that the aforementioned two signings were signed because they were cheap and known to Glasner and Freedman and not because they were exactly what we needed.

Time will tell. So far, time has provided 0 points.

Finding replacements is a job that requires research and discussions. Have you made an in depth survey of all available players?

Unlike you I wouldn't dream of thinking I was capable of that. I am however certain that Dougie has done it. Last season he thought the answer was Franca, but injury meant we never found out. Maybe he still is the answer. Dougie is one of the most admired and coveted Directors of football in the EPL. I repeat, if he can't find them they don't exist.

Unlike you I wouldn't dream of thinking I was capable of that. I am however certain that Dougie has done it. Last season he thought the answer was Franca, but injury meant we never found out. Maybe he still is the answer. Dougie is one of the most admired and coveted Directors of football in the EPL. I repeat, if he can't find them they don't exist.
Are you his dad? Calm down.

Irrespective of who has done what, we still need a similar flair player on the wing.

I very much hope that Franca is the answer, but he hasn't shown any sign of it as yet. One can hope.

Last edited:
Another expert.

Firstly, we don't need to spend £50 million. You have just said as much. A contradiction in your first sentence is never a good start.

I doubt it.

I would have expected the club to find a similar player since that formula was so successful at the end of last season. Sarr and Kamada don't fit that profile. Olise has become an elite level player, but he wasn't when he signed for us. He was just a prospect. We need another similar prospect.

I suspect that the aforementioned two signings were signed because they were cheap and known to Glasner and Freedman and not because they were exactly what we needed.

Time will tell. So far, time has provided 0 points.
If it was easy every club would do it. All the club can do is buy potential and hope we can get the best out of them. I have faith in the board and squad. I’m sure you remember just as well as I do Mateta scoring less than ten goals a season, or being completely reliant on a bit of magic from somewhere once we have parked the bus and conceded. All this while sitting just above the drop. Not only do we have a more balance squad, we’re looking longer playing the type of football only Big Sam would be proud of.
All I’m saying is credit where credit is due.

If it was easy every club would do it. All the club can do is buy potential and hope we can get the best out of them. I have faith in the board and squad. I’m sure you remember just as well as I do Mateta scoring less than ten goals a season, or being completely reliant on a bit of magic from somewhere once we have parked the bus and conceded. All this while sitting just above the drop. Not only do we have a more balance squad, we’re looking longer playing the type of football only Big Sam would be proud of.
All I’m saying is credit where credit is due.
All in all it's been a positive window with maybe a bit more to come.

We have replaced all the departing players with potentially better players with the exception of Sam Johnson and Michael Olise. Johnson is an unfortunate loss and Olise was always going to leave a big hole. How big we will see going forward.
Kamada is a technical player more suited as a back up for Eze. I'm hoping will play with more width in future using Sarr or maybe Franca if he is up to it. If we continue to struggle, a winger in the Olise/Zaha mould will become a priority in January.
Our wing backs need more in front of them when they push up or they will be forever chasing back and we will continue to concede break away goals.

It ain't rocket science.

All in all it's been a positive window with maybe a bit more to come.

We have replaced all the departing players with potentially better players with the exception of Sam Johnson and Michael Olise. Johnson is an unfortunate loss and Olise was always going to leave a big hole. How big we will see going forward.
Kamada is a technical player more suited as a back up for Eze. I'm hoping will play with more width in future using Sarr or maybe Franca if he is up to it. If we continue to struggle, a winger in the Olise/Zaha mould will become a priority in January.
Our wing backs need more in front of them when they push up or they will be forever chasing back and we will continue to concede break away goals.

It ain't rocket science.
I’m more concerned with the left back position if I’m honest. Munoz provides a lot more support on the right than mitchel and could really work with sarr or Franca? Bearing in mind Oliver Glasner has only been in charge a few games and clearly a manger that improves players so I see why we would buy underrated attacking players with a view to improve them. Gambling on signing Olise payed off, others didn’t like sorloth, clearly talented, struggled at palace and has had a fantastic career since leaving. Edouard was another gamble that didn’t pay, 2 goals on a debut from the bench against Tottenham and not much since.

Back