• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Rayan Cherki

It's funny that people go on about how we should be getting players from Lyon but this is the exact reason why Textor is dropping us from his multi club model.

Simply put we aren't a part of it. Yes we got Joa when the link up with Textor was announced but you need to look deeper - Textor sold off almost the entire team there - when he bought Lyon they had a midfield comprising of Bruno, Paqueta & Cornet. All sold for profit. Textor monetises what players he inherited then buys wildly afterwards. Lyon were in relegation trouble the last 2 seasons before finally turning it around.

We should have been shoo-ins for players like Aouar, Cornet but Parish didn't want this link up so vetoed it. Thankfully so.

Cherki reminds me of Payet. Supremely talented but horrendously temperamental and inconsistent. Reminds me also of some bloke who ended up leaving on a free to play UCL football in Turkey....Wilf someone....

Hard pass for me. Not even on loan.

It's funny that people go on about how we should be getting players from Lyon but this is the exact reason why Textor is dropping us from his multi club model.

Simply put we aren't a part of it. Yes we got Joa when the link up with Textor was announced but you need to look deeper - Textor sold off almost the entire team there - when he bought Lyon they had a midfield comprising of Bruno, Paqueta & Cornet. All sold for profit. Textor monetises what players he inherited then buys wildly afterwards. Lyon were in relegation trouble the last 2 seasons before finally turning it around.

We should have been shoo-ins for players like Aouar, Cornet but Parish didn't want this link up so vetoed it. Thankfully so.

Cherki reminds me of Payet. Supremely talented but horrendously temperamental and inconsistent. Reminds me also of some bloke who ended up leaving on a free to play UCL football in Turkey....Wilf someone....

Hard pass for me. Not even on loan.

Yeah and look what Wilf did for Palace
This kid is a serious talent temperamental or not
I say get him in

Am I missing something here?
Why are we not trying for this lad
Olise MK2 for around 13m
Watch his videos
Doesn't fancy Fulham so why not take a punt?

Am I missing something here?
Why are we not trying for this lad
Olise MK2 for around 13m
Watch his videos
Doesn't fancy Fulham so why not take a punt?
If he doesn't fancy Fulham, he won't fancy CP either. He has delusions of grandeur!

Let's see what happens on deadline day. If he's still got no takers then, who knows?Maybe worth a cheeky punt

There's lots of reports of him having a bad attitude, poor workrate and not overly athletic. Just can't see that being a good fit for Glasner.

I'd prefer a fit Chukwuemeka over him tbh.

Improved offer in for Cherki? Knows Mateta and played with him

I really do hope this comes off. He clearly has alot of talent and is still only 21. I'm aware there are rumours that he is apparently difficult to deal with but that's football and I'm sure Glasner would know how to deal with him.

Personally I feel that getting in Lacroix, Nketiah and Cherki in at the end of this Window would certainly make me feel alot better in what has been a bit of an up and down transfer window.

There's lots of reports of him having a bad attitude, poor workrate and not overly athletic. Just can't see that being a good fit for Glasner.

I'm not sure I'd agree with the not 'overly athletic' part.. Based on watching him against us last season he appeared to be extremely athletic and a real handful physically.

I'd sign this guy, but people really need to stop going to rubbish clickbait websites for their information.

Totally unreliable.

100% yes for me.

The temperament thing doesn't bother me too much.

Our squad has changed a lot over the last couple of years, we've now got lots of skill and passing ability.

Feel like this lad could offer something a bit different.

He's seen with Olise and Eze that SE25 is a great place to show the world your talent.

Nothing on twitter about cherki possibly joining palace most probably made up from a clickbait site you shouldnt believe everything you here

There is nothing wrong with a bad attitude, Wilf made a career of it.

Back