• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Raheem Sterling

In fairness, he rarely gets starts at Chelsea. With a proper run in the team it's possible that what you say could happen.
I don't fancy any large fee or high wages, however. For me he's surely a classic free signing - or loan as you suggest.
Agree. Danny (cough) Welbeck. I would not have touched him with a 40 ft pole.

It's just the money.

Is this one being kept in reserve in the event Eze goes? Spurs and Man City now both upping the ante for his signature.

I am probably alone here, but I am not convinced by Eze without Olise. I was hoping an Olise replacement might bring that out again, but that hope appears forlorn.

I think, given a little time, Sterling would fill Eze's boots well.

Is this one being kept in reserve in the event Eze goes? Spurs and Man City now both upping the ante for his signature.

I am probably alone here, but I am not convinced by Eze without Olise. I was hoping an Olise replacement might bring that out again, but that hope appears forlorn.

I think, given a little time, Sterling would fill Eze's boots well.
More likely that reports we're looking at Oxlade-Chamberlain are as a possible replacement rather than Sterling. If Tottenham sell Lo Celso for what they want they'll have the cash to come after Eze.

We should make use of our loans, hope a deal could get done

Not saying it will happen but it has been quoted we would be prepared to pay £8m for the year loan - this would include a % of wages and a loan fee.

Looking back we loaned in Sakho at the end of January (so 5 months wages until end of June) and a £2m loan fee.

He was on a reported £105k a week so that deal would have cost close to £4.5m for half a season.

It could be done if Chelsea and Sterling are up for it.

As Chelsea train in Surrey i suspect most of their players leave around there. Not a million miles away from our Beckenham training site and Sterling has supposedly said he doesn't want to disrupt his family

Sky have just reported that Sterling is not after money and wants to move for sporting reasons. Cheeky loan deal where we pay half his wages and Chelsea pay the other half?

We were interested in Sterling until the opportunity to sign Nketiah came up.

Good luck to him, he deserves a few starts as long as he doesn’t score against us!

Not rated by Chelsea, yet Arsenal want him. Interesting - but will not be worth the countless minutes Sky Sports News are likely giving it now. And will give it for at least a month, if not six.

Loan for 1 year £100k a week. No loan fee. That would be ok. That I appreciate won’t happen.
Just a bit of fun Sterling or Wilf for one year. Money’s the same.
supposedly Arsenal are only paying 30% of his salary - so about £100k a week.

So finances were not the issue - i suspect he was never interested in us, or his agent used us to get other clubs interested.

We move on

supposedly Arsenal are only paying 30% of his salary - so about £100k a week.

So finances were not the issue - i suspect he was never interested in us, or his agent used us to get other clubs interested.

We move on
As soon as Nketiah became available, Palace lost interest too. So good as Sterling once was, I think we have a younger, hungrier player desperate to make his mark

Back