• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Raheem Sterling

Have to agree with Lanzo on this one.

Sterling for his quality and experience would be a great signing. Until these players play for you week in, week out and you get to see them close up, you don't appreciate their quality. Similar to Gary Cahill (albeit difference positions) when he signed, the difference in quality from what we had at the time was obvious, you could see why he had played for Chelsea and won so much. It would be the same for Sterling imo.

He can play across the front line, beat his man to get to the byline, cut inside or get tap ins (a knack for being in the right place at the right time is a skill that shouldn't be underappreciated). I could see him and Eze working well together.

How the financials would work, I have no idea.

His stats are not great for someone who is one of the highest-paid players in the PL. He can't pass, needs quite a few chances to score and doesn't offer much defensively. On the plus side, he is good at dribbling. If we got him for a minimal fee and most of his wages covered I wouldn't say no but that seems unlikely. For me, he's a decent player, but not at the figures being bandied around. I'm not convinced he'd offer more than Zaha who would be considerably cheaper.

His stats are not great for someone who is one of the highest-paid players in the PL. He can't pass, needs quite a few chances to score and doesn't offer much defensively. On the plus side, he is good at dribbling. If we got him for a minimal fee and most of his wages covered I wouldn't say no but that seems unlikely. For me, he's a decent player, but not at the figures being bandied around. I'm not convinced he'd offer more than Zaha who would be considerably cheaper.
Taylor, you look just like Lerma or is that the lovechild?

Standard have just said Sterling wants to stay local. Wants a permanent move.
Geographically that would be us or Fulham.
How about we pay £5m for him and £100k/wk on a 2 year loan contract. He is 29 so should be good that long.

We should be trying our hardest to get him on a years loan, there is no way we could buy a play of his quality, even if we paid him 200k of his wages a year and 10m fee, sales of Ayew, Schlupp, Ahamada, Johnstone, we sold a couple of them and the 10m fee is paid, and a couple of them are on 50k a week, so we halve the 200k straight away.
£200k per week for a disruptive like Raheem Sterling…Good Grief, NO!

Reeks of trouble in my opinion. Stay well away. There are plenty of quality players out there. Kostic would have been better as he can play wingback or wing if you want a short term solution.

Back