• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Nottingham Forest vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Nottingham Forest XI: Sels, Aina, Milenkovic, Murillo, Moreno, Anderson, Dominguez, Hudson-Odoi, Yates, Woods, Elanga.

Substitutes: Morato, Boly, Toffolo, Williams, Sosa, Awoniyi, Jota Silva, Omobamidele, Miguel

Crystal Palace XI: Henderson, Chalobah, Guehi, Lacroix, Mitchell, Lerma, Hughes, Munoz, Eze, Nketiah, Kamada.

Substitutes: Ward, Sarr, Mateta, Schlupp, Clyne, Wharton, Kporha, Agbinone, Turner.
He is ineligible tonight, its Mathews as sub 'keeper.

We were much better against Chelsea after Mateta came on. I haven't noticed a reason to prefer Nketiah to him. Sarr is a natural wide player who's invariably sharp since he joined; I haven't noticed a reason to prefer Kamada to him. Just saying; rarely have I more fervently wished to be made to look stupid.
The reason is because they spanked $30m on him and therefore need to justify it. Ridiculous decision given Mateta's form over the last six months or so. Even now, we're so much worse without Mateta and his ability to hold the ball up.

I understand that the preparation for the season was short. However, our play looks more and more disjointed from game to game instead of the other way around.

Just thinking. You know as a kid you used to have corners where its defense against attack. Do you think in practice that our corners are so sh1t that our defense think they are more than reasonable in defending them (cause they're not!)

Nketiah will be the end of Glasner, his refusal to play 2 up top with Eze behind means we have Kamada starting and an in form striker sat on the bench. The two behind the striker don't offer width anyway so why use two cams over two strikers?

On the basis of what we've seen so far no way are we relegation material. A good open contest where both sides look bright and competent - and it's a good watch. Go for it lads!
I'm obviously watching a different match to some of you - but I stick with my view. Forest are good and they're not going to make it easy for us - but then we are not making it easy for them..

Back