• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Moyes to replace Glasner?

Glasner has to stay.
He took a team that was struggling last season, instantly changed the way we played and made us look like world beaters. It was some of the best football I've ever seen Palace play.
He knows how to win things. Just look at his record.
Replacing him with anyone at this stage, let alone Moyes or Pardew would be madness.
I agree but the last sentence has me worried.

Moyes was awful at West Ham last time. I feel like his managerial battery might be going flat.

Sacking Glasner for him would be yet another de Boer like fiasco. Another attempt to play attacking football ending in failure.

We have to face the fact that the latest squad maybe isn't as good as it needs to be. They aren't getting battered, so I feel that a 5% improvement might start yielding results. Essentially, we need to score more goals. We only have to be better than three other teams.

The painful truth is that Glasner will be sacked come November if things don't improve, and it won't mean that he is a bad manager. It will just mean that results are all that count, and we can't afford to get relegated. Michael Olise was a massive part of our successes last season. His loss was always going to be enormous. We have to find a way to get results without his quality.

To my mind Moyes would be a good, solid if uninspiring manager for Palace. However, we must give Glasner more time. At the end of last season he was a genius being courted by Bayern Munich, and I doubt any of us can remember such a joyful run of matches as the last 7 games of 2023/4. Olise was of course a major part, but we were not a one-man team operating without managerial influence. Glasner needs to be given until late December to start turning it around in my view.

To my mind Moyes would be a good, solid if uninspiring manager for Palace. However, we must give Glasner more time. At the end of last season he was a genius being courted by Bayern Munich, and I doubt any of us can remember such a joyful run of matches as the last 7 games of 2023/4. Olise was of course a major part, but we were not a one-man team operating without managerial influence. Glasner needs to be given until late December to start turning it around in my view.
If we don't win a game till December we will be cut adrift.

If we don't win a game till December we will be cut adrift.
True, but Glasner is a proven manager and I still have faith that he can turn it around, whereas under PV, much as there were good times in the first season, he was unproven, and I never believed he could turn it around. Just my opinion of course, and it won't count for anything in the grand scheme of things.

can never understand why people on this site panic at the first little issue really guys its click bait talk , go lie down take two tablets

can never understand why people on this site panic at the first little issue really guys its click bait talk , go lie down take two tablets

Much as it’s bollocks and you’re right people do believe any old rubbish, parish will be thinking ahead now, if we go the next three games without a win, two of which we would’ve thought not so long ago are very winnable, that’ll be ten without a win. I’m sure he won’t panic, but if the newly promoted teams start picking a win or two he might be looking at options by then

I'm a serial worrier but yet I still have the line 'too good to go down' in the back of my mind for us. Madness perhaps, but it is my sentiment.

We either stick with a proven winner of a coach, let him iron things out and God forbid progress as a club, or we revert back to type as forever fighting relegation with pragmatic and perhaps 'boring' football/managers.

A purple patch doesn't make a manager but neither should a disappointing start to the season. There has to be some differentiation between things not going so well and being so irreversibly terrible a change is drastically needed. We are experiencing the former, no matter how upsetting, worrying or temporarily painful it may be.

I'm a serial worrier but yet I still have the line 'too good to go down' in the back of my mind for us. Madness perhaps, but it is my sentiment.

We either stick with a proven winner of a coach, let him iron things out and God forbid progress as a club, or we revert back to type as forever fighting relegation with pragmatic and perhaps 'boring' football/managers.

A purple patch doesn't make a manager but neither should a disappointing start to the season. There has to be some differentiation between things not going so well and being so irreversibly terrible a change is drastically needed. We are experiencing the former, no matter how upsetting, worrying or temporarily painful it may be.

Agree, well I think. Time to be brave and stick to the long term plan.

Underlining stats are reasonably good. Lacroix is getting better by the game, and Eze cant be this bad for much longer!

Moyes is a decent manager if staying up is our aim but to go down the route would be Groundhog Day. We need to stick with the current plan based on an exciting young team playing the way we did at the end of last season. Injuries and loss of form have ruined our start but talk of replacing the manager is nonsense.
Glasner is the right coach to develop the team over the next few seasons whatever happens. He will bring through players from the academy and it will come good in time. Even if we are unlucky enough to go down, which is frankly unlikely, I’d still stick with him. We’ve had enough short term fixes.

My own personal view is that the scenario whereby we are relegated with Glasner still at the helm and he continues to play his trade in the Championship is 'For the birds'.

Agree, well I think. Time to be brave and stick to the long term plan.

Underlining stats are reasonably good. Lacroix is getting better by the game, and Eze cant be this bad for much longer!

I agree, we know there’s other teams who are struggling as always in any season and we’ve shown many times since promotion it only takes a couple of wins and things look a whole lot better.

Back