Man City found guilty

Presumably it wouldn't be done to punish the players, or the fans. It's more that if they let them keep the trophies then, whatever punishment is meted out, the club's cheating worked.

Plus, I'm not sure sure the players have that strong a case that they won fairly on the pitch. It might be that they were so good because they were a team that the club couldn't actually afford, playing against clubs who only fielded teams they could afford. It's not exactly like playing with an extra man, but it's possibly enough to make the difference.

Again, all depends on how much of a financial difference the cheating made. Perhaps they still had much the same budget compared to other clubs, and it's all bonus payments and suchlike. In that case I'm fine with them keeping the trophies. If it made a difference, though, then I think just expunged all round.
Trophies I agree. Medals, forget them.
 
New citeh team photo

They didn't do any thieving. All their trophies were 'legitimately' purchased.
😁😁😁😁😁
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20260928-WA0012.webp
    IMG-20260928-WA0012.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
I have been educated this morning.

It seems to me, that accountancy procedure is legitimised fraud and deception. And unfit for purpose.

No wonder this is exploited by everyone.

The unstoppable force meets the immoveable object. Citeh v the Law.
 
Not feasible is it? What next? Teams that went out to City in the early stages of the cup a decade ago demanding they'd have won the final? If they take trophies off City they'd have to just nullify them rather than give the trophy to a runner up surely
No at the end of the day, regardless of what city have done, it’s eleven v eleven at anyone time and those city players won the trophies on the pitch. But I do think they should give them the worst possible punishment other than re-writing history. Bung them in the northern equivalent of the combined counties league or something
 
No at the end of the day, regardless of what city have done, it’s eleven v eleven at anyone time and those city players won the trophies on the pitch. But I do think they should give them the worst possible punishment other than re-writing history. Bung them in the northern equivalent of the combined counties league or something
Put them in th Scottish Premier League. Scotland shares a land border with The North anyway.
 
It sounds like some players and staff had second contracts where they were paid as limited companies for services rendered to Man City. In addition to being on the standard payroll. This will have allowed that money to be accounted for separately from wages - hence hiding their true wage costs.

Pretty blatant - but I'd make a guess that it's not only happening at Man City. Which might be a bit embarrassing.

Consider the corruption that Man City may have knowledge of? They have more cards to play than you might think. Plus, the obvious political channels.


I do hope it was all tax compliant. I'd say there are some tax demands being prepared. I wonder if any of it constitutes downright fraud and criminal charges?
 
It sounds like some players and staff had second contracts where they were paid as limited companies for services rendered to Man City. In addition to being on the standard payroll. This will have allowed that money to be accounted for separately from wages - hence hiding their true wage costs.

Pretty blatant - but I'd make a guess that it's not only happening at Man City. Which might be a bit embarrassing.

Consider the corruption that Man City may have knowledge of? They have more cards to play than you might think. Plus, the obvious political channels.


I do hope it was all tax compliant. I'd say there are some tax demands being prepared. I wonder if any of it constitutes downright fraud and criminal charges?
That'll be image rights
 
That'll be image rights
I wasn't even thinking about those but they are often part of the negotiations for contracts. For the higher profile players. The club like to give a high wage but take a high percentage of image rights in general.
I'm guessing here that they paid people a few million in image rights as a backhander. To limited companies I would think.
 
Realistically, this Is what I see too.
Give them a chance to stay up, but make it really difficult, then (at least) 1 season in the championship. It doesn't quite fit the crimes, but is probably be the best middle ground, and serves as a deterrent to other teams.

Then there is the amount of time it has taken. The Players nor the Manager(s) aren't at fault, so seems harsh to strip the titles, but how can you not? It's a right mess of the PL's own making. IMHO, the answer here, lies in the precedent set by Burnley vs Everton, so all clubs with a genuine case for loss of earnings/reputation could sue City, each one independently handled as a separate case.

I think it's unlikley for the PL to just expel them from the League, the FA want them involved too much. It may also reIgnite the question of the SuperLeague, which the worlds leagues don't want.
I believe it will be the Independent Panel who will determine the sanctions - not the PL or the FA. I'm hoping they will go so far as to say that City's crimes warrant expulsion. Yes, that's the nuclear option but City deserve it.
 
No at the end of the day, regardless of what city have done, it’s eleven v eleven at anyone time and those city players won the trophies on the pitch. But I do think they should give them the worst possible punishment other than re-writing history. Bung them in the northern equivalent of the combined counties league or something
...if they'll have them.
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top