• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Loaned-Out Players

We haven't been a Category A Academy for that long. We now attract a better level of youngsters. It wasn't that long ago that we only loaned out a a couple or so youngsters each season and then only to National League clubs and the occasional League Two and League One.

This season we have loaned out 11 Academy and young fringe players plus two of our first team squad (Edouard and Ahamada). That's unheard of for Palace.

As I said earlier, if the club thought Rak-Sakyi wasn't going to make it, they would have sold him to Southampton. That's not to say he will make it but the fact they wanted to loan him out rather than sell him is a clear statement that they are more confident than not that he'll make it.

Still disagree, like I said, I’m sure they keep hold of some of the better ones incase the worst happens, a good year at Sheffield United, we get relegated(not saying we will) but then we’ve got a player who could be a good championship player coming back to us, almost like a new signing.
But I do take your point about we haven’t been category A for that long, so maybe in the future we will have more gems like Wilf, AWB and Mitchell coming through a bit more regular, i.e. players who they know straight away are the business and there’s no need to off load them elsewhere

Still disagree, like I said, I’m sure they keep hold of some of the better ones incase the worst happens, a good year at Sheffield United, we get relegated(not saying we will) but then we’ve got a player who could be a good championship player coming back to us, almost like a new signing.
But I do take your point about we haven’t been category A for that long, so maybe in the future we will have more gems like Wilf, AWB and Mitchell coming through a bit more regular, i.e. players who they know straight away are the business and there’s no need to off load them elsewhere
If there wasn't some serious expectation JRS will in time become a valued first team player, why not let him have his crack at Premier League football and pocket £15m?

Hopefully he does well and gets a better loan in January as he looks like one of our more promising U21 players. I'm guessing his move to Hartlepool is because the transfer window is closed for league clubs?

Back