• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Joachim Andersen sale agreed?

Really? Bad business in my opinion. Especially this late into things and with uncertainty around MG. $30m won't buy you peanuts this days.

Can't for the life of my see why he think Fulham is progression either...we'll almost definitely finish above them this season. I thought Andersen genuinely bled Red and Blue. Disappointed.

A weird, disappointing transfer all round.

Not surprised given Parish's recent statement that he wants the throughput players to be sold "in the right order" and given Andersen's age, we are unlikely to get any more for him than we can in this window. Guehi may also go, of course, if Newcastle up their bid. I expect Lacroix will be joining soon and we'll go for Chalobah as well and still have significant funds left over for other purchases.

Really? Bad business in my opinion. Especially this late into things and with uncertainty around MG. $30m won't buy you peanuts this days.

Can't for the life of my see why he think Fulham is progression either...we'll almost definitely finish above them this season. I thought Andersen genuinely bled Red and Blue. Disappointed.

A weird, disappointing transfer all round.
Not so sure we will finish above them now.
They are buying players, we are selling our best ones.

Chalobah has only played 60 or 70 top flight games at nearly 26 years of age.
I wouldn't go near him.
Much rather Lacroix as he seems to be the one OG really wants with double the game time experience at a younger age.
Overall would prefer to keep what we have and spend on an eduoard replacement as he's no good and I can't see mateta replicating last seasons form after a summer with France.
Very light in the goal scoring dept

Very disappointed in this. Can only assume that it's a decision based on the fee and his age. If we sell him for that and then bring in the younger Lacroix for a similar of lesser feet perhaps there's an argument that we've upgraded. However, him and Guehi together has been absolutely brilliant to watch and will be very sad to see him go.

I’m beginning to wonder if our back three will look something like Riad-Chalobah-Lacroix.
If so, I would consider it a Vanbaque gamble to go into the new season with three in the backline with limited PL experience. But the people at the club should know better what they are doing as they have more insight into what the players want, the financial implications, the planned development and so on.

PS: According to Wolfsburg fans (laymen like me!) Lacroix is a similar type of player to Andersen. But we still don't know if he will come to us.

I just wonder if his lack of speed was going to be a bigger issue going forward so a profit on a player who has had maybe the best 3 years of his career with us is a plus. On the other hand, his height will need replacing and his long balls will be missed. Newcastle will have to pay top dollar to prise Guehi away now. I think Palace are hoping he has a good season and there will actually be a battle for his services next summer, if he doesn't sign an extension.
However, it does put us in a weaker position as we are still looking for several purchases. There is little chance of us matching our closest rivals Brighton, West Ham and Fulham in terms of net spend this summer

Chalobah has only played 60 or 70 top flight games at nearly 26 years of age.
I wouldn't go near him.
Much rather Lacroix as he seems to be the one OG really wants with double the game time experience at a younger age.
Maybe they will get both. To be fair to Chalobah, Chelsea were actually a top side when he was in his early 20's so game time would have been difficult, He was out injured for a large part last season but Chelsea fans were claiming he was their best defender at the end of the year. He is almost exactly the same age as Andersen was when we acquired the Dane

Back