Ismaïla Sarr

I must admit I'm not really sure on the rationale of offering him an improved contract.

He's on 75k and has the best part of 3 years left. That will take him to the summer after he's 31. He's kicked up an almighty stink and is clear he'd rather be off.

The argument that extending it would raise the fee we could get might be true if he was 23. But he's almost 29. Does a 29 year old with 2 years on a contract command far less than a 29 year old with 3 or 4 years on a contract? Wouldn't have thought so.

I guess the only way it makes sense is if it has a decent buy out. 40m?

Still dont like the thought of giving someone who's effectively been on strike a payrise
The whole thing stinks but from the Club’s point of view the extra money for a fully motivated Sarr firing on all cylinders is deemed to be worth it. I agree with that but it a shame we have to reward this type of behaviour.
 
I must admit I'm not really sure on the rationale of offering him an improved contract.

He's on 75k and has the best part of 3 years left. That will take him to the summer after he's 31. He's kicked up an almighty stink and is clear he'd rather be off.

The argument that extending it would raise the fee we could get might be true if he was 23. But he's almost 29. Does a 29 year old with 2 years on a contract command far less than a 29 year old with 3 or 4 years on a contract? Wouldn't have thought so.

I guess the only way it makes sense is if it has a decent buy out. 40m?

Still dont like the thought of giving someone who's effectively been on strike a payrise

I suppose you could argue that if he is on 75k a week and gets a pay bump to 120k, that is a difference of 2.3m per year, or around 7m over a 3 year deal.

It's not a huge amount of money given what he brings us and considering how much it would cost us to replace him.

Our recent attacking additions have been quite suspect so I'd say keeping him, over 3 years, makes us 7m in additional prize money.
 
I suppose you could argue that if he is on 75k a week and gets a pay bump to 120k, that is a difference of 2.3m per year, or around 7m over a 3 year deal.

It's not a huge amount of money given what he brings us and considering how much it would cost us to replace him.

Our recent attacking additions have been quite suspect so I'd say keeping him, over 3 years, makes us 7m in additional prize money.
£18,720,000 for three years? That might cheer him up a bit. He can always go to Saudi afterwards if he's worried about the future.
 
I must admit I'm not really sure on the rationale of offering him an improved contract.

He's on 75k and has the best part of 3 years left. That will take him to the summer after he's 31. He's kicked up an almighty stink and is clear he'd rather be off.

The argument that extending it would raise the fee we could get might be true if he was 23. But he's almost 29. Does a 29 year old with 2 years on a contract command far less than a 29 year old with 3 or 4 years on a contract? Wouldn't have thought so.

I guess the only way it makes sense is if it has a decent buy out. 40m?

Still dont like the thought of giving someone who's effectively been on strike a payrise
Liebour have given all their striking chums a payrise…
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top