Ismaïla Sarr

I would imagine that the reason for this is to insert a buy out clause into his contract which Parish thinks is a fair price the same way he did with Olise . He didnt stay too long after signing his new contract .
 
Precisely, if we get one more season and £65 million for him, this would be smart business. If we win the Europa cup and get Champion’s league…well he may want to stay. I personally think we have a decent chance of winning the Europa cup if we keep our best players fit.

 
Precisely, if we get one more season and £65 million for him, this would be smart business. If we win the Europa cup and get Champion’s league…well he may want to stay. I personally think we have a decent chance of winning the Europa cup if we keep our best players fit.


He'd be 29 next summer. No way we'd be getting anywhere near that
 
I must admit I'm not really sure on the rationale of offering him an improved contract.

He's on 75k and has the best part of 3 years left. That will take him to the summer after he's 31. He's kicked up an almighty stink and is clear he'd rather be off.

The argument that extending it would raise the fee we could get might be true if he was 23. But he's almost 29. Does a 29 year old with 2 years on a contract command far less than a 29 year old with 3 or 4 years on a contract? Wouldn't have thought so.

I guess the only way it makes sense is if it has a decent buy out. 40m?

Still dont like the thought of giving someone who's effectively been on strike a payrise
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top