No player is worth twice as much a week than most people earn in over two years
Ireland
England
So that’s what we paid £30m and a hundred grand a week for 😒?That's a bit unfair; he was great at defending corners.
England
The rumour is that Sarr has had enough of Mateta. If it's the case that Sarr signs a long contract, I'd assume Mateta is leaving.
Ireland
Ireland
Haven't we all .The rumour is that Sarr has had enough of Mateta. If it's the case that Sarr signs a long contract, I'd assume Mateta is leaving.
England
I would imagine that the reason for this is to insert a buy out clause into his contract which Parish thinks is a fair price the same way he did with Olise . He didnt stay too long after signing his new contract .
Precisely, if we get one more season and £65 million for him, this would be smart business. If we win the Europa cup and get Champion’s league…well he may want to stay. I personally think we have a decent chance of winning the Europa cup if we keep our best players fit.
![]()
Europa League Predictions 2026-27: The Opta Supercomputer Projections | Opta Analyst
Ahead of the start of the league phase of the 2026-27 Europa League, the Opta supercomputer has run 10,000 simulations of the season.theanalyst.com
Benteke had one average season for us. The rest of the time he was awesome. Give it a break.
If he is over 30 we wont get close to £50m either. Sarr is one of those players that value wise isn't big bucks to a buying club but would cost Palace way more than we'd get for him to replace him.Whatever, even if it’s 50, that’s fine. Anyway neither you nor I know how we will perform and that will determine his fee if he is sold.
Is it only a 1 year contract he'll be signing then doughnut?If he is 29 next summer, then he won’t be over 30.
Listen to me you imbecile…if we sell him next summer, he will be 29. Not 30. Does your tiny brain comprehend this? I have had issues with you before. Get a life. If you carry on your keyboard warrior behaviour, I will report you. Hope that is very clear.Is it only a 1 year contract he'll be signing then doughnut?
England
...and we got to see him take Manure apart.we got one more season, £15m more in transfer fee and he didn't go to chelsea. So it was well worth it!!
England
Agreed. But I do like the idea of a team with Sarr back in it.I guess the only way it makes sense is if it has a decent buy out. 40m?
Still dont like the thought of giving someone who's effectively been on strike a payrise