• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Hopes fading or Masterplan?

Getting players in early wouldn't have guaranteed winning those games. Broadly we were the better team in both regardless. Better finishing and a better ref and we'd have 6 points and mood would be better.

Transfers often happen late, especially when clubs are holding out for more money. e.g. Nketiah. Its only going to be in the last couple of days that Arsenal realise they arent going to have a bidding war on their hands and its our offer or nothing.

The fact that the window is open weeks into the season is the real issue.

The hate towards Parish is unnecessary and quite odd. He's lead us to the most sustained 'success', and the overhaul in the squad over the last 18 months is nothing short of outstanding. the fact that people still think he's clueless is just madness.

Bizarre isn't it. I would have thought all the John Textor nonsense would be a timely reminder of how fortunate we are to have Parish in charge steering the ship sensibly. And I say that as someone who gets very frustrated with our transfer dealings at times. Still wouldn't swap him.

If we keep Guehi I think the window will be satisfactory.

The dark cloud is obviously the loss of Olise which could not be avoided, but Lacroix for Andersen, Riad for Tomkins and Sarr for Ayew seems a potential upgrade. Nketiah for or as well as Edouard would also be a positive.

We can't replace Olise but another winger and some competition for Mitchell would round it off nicely.

I'm hopeful that we can congratulate Parish, Freedman et al on some good business come Friday night. Keeping Guehi is the clincher.

Back