• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

HF- Political Comments

Country
England
Sirs, I was really disappointed to see what looked like Palestinian flags raised by HF against Liverpool, apologies if the flags were from a different country but either way i feel Palace support should not be politicised , you do not represent the Palace fans overall opinion and have a responsibility as "representatives" of Palace. Exactly the same principle would be felt if an Israel flag was displayed. It really upset my experience at palace (long term Palace ST holder in Lower Holmesdale). I am also dismayed to see the Palace Fan flags have all disappeared , this was funded by gofundme and money raised by the fans so we should all have the flags available to use, wonder where they are., i thought it looked good when all the Holmesdale were waving them.

I mentioned this on another thread. And I was absolutely disgusted when I seen it on the day. In that moment for the first time ever at selhurst I felt unwelcomed. I understand it's a small minority but it's how I felt.

Especially on the anniversary weekend of the terrorist attack last year.

I for one will not be donating any money in the future to the HFs. And I have reported it to the club and made my feelings clear.

I mentioned this on another thread. And I was absolutely disgusted when I seen it on the day. In that moment for the first time ever at selhurst I felt unwelcomed. I understand it's a small minority but it's how I felt.

Especially on the anniversary weekend of the terrorist attack last year.

I for one will not be donating any money in the future to the HFs. And I have reported it to the club and made my feelings clear.
I’m sorry to hear that you were made to feel like this.
Rest assured that they do not represent me or probably the great majority of Palace fans. Even if they feel that they want to show their (mis-placed) support for palenstine they could’ve perhaps shown even a little bit of respect for the innocent Israeli victims whom were either brutally murdered or taken hostage a year earlier!!!!

Maybe Textor had a point with his comments about them.

When you see the BBS, it's hardly surprising that the home crowd contains a section of lefty dimwits.
It should be a lifetime ban for anyone trying to bring global politics to a football match.

We can talk about whatever we want on sites like this, but the game should be sacrosanct.

The FA and Premier League should take some of the blame for this by allowing BLM, knee taking etc to blight the match day experience.

As many said at the time. Politics has no place in sport. Football is one place where people of any kind should be able to come together for one purpose, free from the tribulations of human stupidity.

They're largely young and pretty clueless. Except for Palace, would you really care what they think? It's not a hard and fast position; once the media focus shifts and there are other rallies, their minds will change like the wind.
It's a herd mentality and exactly what I would expect from them. It was largely predictable. Frankly mirrors much of society.

They're largely young and pretty clueless. Except for Palace, would you really care what they think? It's not a hard and fast position; once the media focus shifts and there are other rallies, their minds will change like the wind.
It's a herd mentality and exactly what I would expect from them. It was largely predictable. Frankly mirrors much of society.

"They're largely young and pretty clueless. Except for Palace, would you really care what they think?"

Spot on for me. Perhaps somebody should clue them up/inform them but if you choose to be affected by it, it will only affect you.

They've irritated many of our fans, been ridiculed by fans of our own club and others, apparently had coaches turned around for drug-use and now like to make political statements. I've done none of those things... well I have worn some dodgy aftershaves over the years which may have riled other fans.

So beyond being present at Palace games I don't hold any identification with the aforementioned. I've appreciated the presence they brought to Selhurst Park especially at the beginning of this PL era but beyond that, I don't associate with them at all. They are their own entity and not a representative of the club/fanbase.

When you see the BBS, it's hardly surprising that the home crowd contains a section of lefty dimwits.
It should be a lifetime ban for anyone trying to bring global politics to a football match.

We can talk about whatever we want on sites like this, but the game should be sacrosanct.

The FA and Premier League should take some of the blame for this by allowing BLM, knee taking etc to blight the match day experience.

As many said at the time. Politics has no place in sport. Football is one place where people of any kind should be able to come together for one purpose, free from the tribulations of human stupidity.
I just tapped the ‘like’ button and was asked on another page to confirm that I wanted to like the post. Is this normal or to do with the content of the post?

The TikTok generation.

I just tapped the ‘like’ button and was asked on another page to confirm that I wanted to like the post. Is this normal or to do with the content of the post?
No idea.

I’m sorry to hear that you were made to feel like this.
Rest assured that they do not represent me or probably the great majority of Palace fans. Even if they feel that they want to show their (mis-placed) support for palenstine they could’ve perhaps shown even a little bit of respect for the innocent Israeli victims whom were either brutally murdered or taken hostage a year earlier!!!!

Maybe Textor had a point with his comments about them.
There you go making a political comment on this club's forum. Let's have some consistency here please.

Fully agree with this.

Football matches should not be political and used as a dividing line or loyalty test for a fan, whoever or whatever they vote for. We had this discussion during the kneeling stuff and the people most for this stuff were the left....who are again the lot most probably flying those flags.

People should be able to go to a football match and just support their side without the outside political world being involved.

Even if you fully 100% understand the entirety of what is going on in Gaza a football match is not the place to air those views.
However, from personal experience many dont even understand the full meaning of 'From the river to the Sea'. Its worrying that people can pick a tiny part of an argument and behave like they are champions of the under dog.
The club needs to stamp it out immediately.

A knuckle dragger speaks.

maybe one does, just not for me.

If I was indeed a "knuckle dragger" I doubt I'd be able to string a coherant sentance together like I did. It was also tongue in cheek as a response to the accusation that was made against me.

Don't worry though, I haven't taken offence. Much too busy for that as going out hunting with my trusty club in my hand!

Back