• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Franca injured

We paid £20 plus million for this kid. I hope he won't be another perpetually 'injured' player.
I suppose a broken rib can happen to anyone, if you believe it.

He does start to look a bit like Frank Spencer/Norman Wisdom! Its such a disappointment as I was really hoping this season would be his breakout season.

Hopefully its the last setback.

It's easy to be pessimistic with this latest injury (fair enough even) but I'm refusing to give up on him. Predicting this will be his last major injury for a while and he will get increasing game time from september onwards - and even do well this season overall.

Annoying that he's picked up an injury on his comeback but it's positive that it's an unrelated injury to his previous problems. Had it been a reoccurance then it would have been really bad news. A shame he's missed out on another proper pre-season with us though

Seems like a model argument for why you don't spend big money on a player and then don't play them

Year 2 looks compromised already by injury. Get over one injury but because you haven't played for so long easy to pick up another.

If the first team plays as well as we hope his chances may be few and far between.

I've coached American Football to a decent standard for the last 20 years and I think sadly I've known of more people dying than breaking their ribs - so how on earth this kids managed to do it a week or two before the start of the season is a real head scratcher to say the least.

I'm trying to be optimistic and be one of the "it could happen to anyone", but my guts telling me this kid's cursed/doomed/made of breadsticks.

I've cracked ribs before falling off a bike about twenty years ago.....damn pothole.

It can happen, It's not that unusual.

A mate of mine , out on the lash, gets back to his hotel room , unfamiliar surroundings, rolls over & falls out of bed in the middle of the night, lands face down, took most of his weight on his chest & broke several ribs in the process.
I've cracked ribs before falling off a bike about twenty years ago.....damn pothole.

It can happen, It's not that unusual.

Says in training. Perhaps he upset somebody.
I do have a bad feeling about this signing. Seems to have been Textor inspired. So the best hope is that we sell him to Everton. I'm not expecting him to start this season. Cameo's off the bench, fitness permitting.

Back