• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Forest Predictions

If Glasner hasnt learned, and we play Mitchell and Clyne as WBs, 3-0 Forest, and Adios Oli, welcome not so super Al.
Could very well happen,but why the obsession with appointing previous failed Palace Managers ??
Shocking that Hodgson is again also being discussed as a potential replacement for Ollie and we should leave well alone.

Forest feels huge now, especially with a fortnight to prepare before it.

It should certainly be classed as 'winnable', Glasner has the time to get things in order, so going this far into the season without a win would surely spell trouble outside of anyone's opinion.

I think there's real substance behind the opinion that regardless we should stick with Glasner and things will improve but football is an unforgiving and impatient environment.

My prediction is pressure and tension. Lord only knows for the outcome.

It should certainly be classed as 'winnable', Glasner has the time to get things in order, so going this far into the season without a win would surely spell trouble outside of anyone's opinion.

I think there's real substance behind the opinion that regardless we should stick with Glasner and things will improve but football is an unforgiving and impatient environment.

Glasner is dead in the water, he will continue with his tactics, Ala Vieira, until its taken away from him.

One of those stats that’s rubbish anyway, we had a 10 year gap in that 20 years without playing them at all
Hmm, now had you said we’d had a 17 or 18 year gap, your point would be almost valid.

However, on this occasion, it’s far from being validated because despite being in different divisions for 10 seasons (as you say), we have played them in a meaningful fixture 15 times over this period. 14 league and once in a cup.

And our record remains the same, we have won once which essentially means we didn’t win during the other 14.

Keep up luv.

Agreed, 12/13 - 22/23
Jeez there’s another one now.

So picture this, you’re on national radio and the presenter says so Eaglehead looking at the recent history between Palace FC and Forest FC, it would appear that you have only beaten them once in 20 years.

Would you honestly turn around and reply…yeah well that isn’t technically true because we have only played them 15 times over the last 20 years so it doesn’t count.

Oh well, always rely on the specials from the CPFC fanbase to brighten us up on a dull and grey Monday afternoon. Thank-you 🤙

Could very well happen,but why the obsession with appointing previous failed Palace Managers ??
Shocking that Hodgson is again also being discussed as a potential replacement for Ollie and we should leave well alone.
Paddy Power (NB, there are other betting sites available) have opened up a book on the next CPFC coach as they generally do where the current coach is hanging by a thread, and Roy is the standout firm favourite until the end of the season.

Last edited:
Personally, we could do a lot worse than use our Get out of Jail Free card by appointing Roy to stabilise the ship from sinking until the end of the season.

I’m just glad Pardew isn’t on the list, and with bookies being firmly ITK over these things, we can sleep safely knowing AP won’t be returning any time soon.

I certainly dont want Pardew as manager, just have a feeling, i want to wait for the Everton takeover, when they sack Dyche then we appoint him, that is what i would like to see.
Third favourite but long odds at 40/1.

Roy being 11/10 which, along with him attending Selhurst Park for the first time on Saturday since his departure, probably means SP has recently said something about the door never being closed to Roy, and we all know how close they are outside of the club and away from the game.

I am surprised GON isn’t shortlisted with him hanging by a thread at WFC as expected to be relieved of his duties this week.

Whilst I accept he would probably see us as a step down in terms of size, pedigree and fanbase, that is a footballing brain that I would like to see in the hot seat at SPS, not withstanding his roots by supporting CPFC as a child growing up in Bromley, going to Ravensbourne School.

He is probably and understandably looking at Lopertegui’s precarious position at Upton Park, mind.

I am surprised GON isn’t shortlisted with him hanging by a thread at WFC as expected to be relieved of his duties this week.

Whilst I accept he would probably see us as a step down in terms of size, pedigree and fanbase, that is a footballing brain that I would like to see in the hot seat at SPS, not withstanding his roots by supporting CPFC as a child growing up in Bromley, going to Ravensbourne School.

He is probably and understandably looking at Lopertegui’s precarious position at Upton Park, mind.
No thanks to Gary O'Neill. He hasn't exactly set the Premier League alight, except for his moaning about refs - albeit with some merit.

This is my personal opinion. Personally I think its ridiculous at this early stage to even consider sacking OG. Even Frank De Boer had to lose 8 in a row before Parish pulled the trigger.
For me, if we continue to improve on Saturdays performance we are good for at least a draw. We even have the players to nick a win but (with Palace's luck the way it currently is) I'll say 1 1

I'm not worried at all, ultimately our biggest issue is we've not taken our chances, we've not been consistent over 90 mins but In every match we've been the better team for 45 mins, we don't play like a team that looks certain for relegation, I think we will be fine, not worried about relegation at all, we will start picking up points soon.

I'm not worried at all, ultimately our biggest issue is we've not taken our chances, we've not been consistent over 90 mins but In every match we've been the better team for 45 mins, we don't play like a team that looks certain for relegation, I think we will be fine, not worried about relegation at all, we will start picking up points soon.

Me neither, we’ve shown a few times since promotion it’s a long season and no matter how poor we are or how many games we go without a win, a couple of wins or more or a little unbeaten run can suddenly change everything, end of last season is the prime example

A must not loose game. Our fullbacks need better protection. They will be targeted. Mitchell was absolutely gassed when he came off.

This is my personal opinion. Personally I think its ridiculous at this early stage to even consider sacking OG. Even Frank De Boer had to lose 8 in a row before Parish pulled the trigger.
For me, if we continue to improve on Saturdays performance we are good for at least a draw. We even have the players to nick a win but (with Palace's luck the way it currently is) I'll say 1 1

Back