Crystal Palace welcome Bristol City for a friendly

I went just after Christmas 2010 I think it was and Neil Danns scored what we thought was a superb winner, but the buggers equalised

I saw us win 4-1 there in the league cup in about 2013, or did we lose 4-1? I can't even remember lol
 
Remember the goal that Freddie Sears scored against them. He hit it so hard that it hit the advertising hoarding behind the goal, bounced out, and the ref said it hadn't gone in (pretty similar to the Clive Allen one against Cov)
Thanks for that. I spoke to Mick Coop about the Clive Allen free kick a few seasons later. The ball flew between his head and the post. He said in his long career as a professional, he never saw a ball hit harder.
 
Those days you take enough beer to keep for after the match , Friends I sat with we played cards going up there and back for money , used to lose going but win coming back . Happy memories 😍
Cards was the thing then wasn’t it, before everyone had their phones to stare at gormlessly 🤣
 
I saw us win 4-1 there in the league cup in about 2013, or did we lose 4-1? I can't even remember lol
Lost !

It was a turning point - from AI ;

    • The Match: Crystal Palace suffered a brutal 4-1 loss at Ashton Gate at the start of the 2012/13 Championship season, leaving them in the relegation zone with zero points from their opening games.
    • The Fallout: In the aftermath of the embarrassing defeat, Freedman held a meeting with the Bristol City boss to thrash out a deal for winger Yannick Bolasie.
    • The Transfer: The loss prompted Steve Parish to immediately sanction an extra £500,000 in the transfer market, allowing Palace to finalize the signings of both Bolasie and unattached playmaker André Moritz.
    • The Legacy: These signings completely transformed Palace's season, sparking an incredible run that ultimately led to their historic promotion to the Premier League via the Play-Off final at Wembley later that season
 
Back to the "match". I sincerely hope that the next team playing in red shirts and white shorts that visits Selhurst doesn't walk away with the same result. Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me :-(
 
Back to the "match". I sincerely hope that the next team playing in red shirts and white shorts that visits Selhurst doesn't walk away with the same result. Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me :-(
Im confident, back with a bang! We know how Ollie will line up, we were unbelievable against Leeds....a bit of that and I can see a comfortable 2-0 win...Munoz to give away a pen...laaaavly
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top